Author Topic: Raced the KX supermoto this weekend  (Read 3101 times)

Offline kx5rider

Raced the KX supermoto this weekend
« on: June 30, 2009, 07:19:14 AM »
Finally the long awaited track has opened over in Kent WA They have scheduled 3 AMA rounds here in the past but the track was never finished.....now it is and it's bad ass!!!! A view from the sky.

I loaded up the 500 and the mutt and shot 300 miles across the state right after work and set up camp in the parking lot so I'd be ready in the morning....I had a little jetting work to do before running. Everything was going so nice on the re jet until I lost the tiny c clip for the needle on the fresh asphalt I felt like a crackhead rollin around on my hands & knees lookin for that little bastard but I finally found it....it kinda blended in!!!!

Finally tech'd and was ready to roll. I was racing the 30+ vet class and open amatuer. Ended up Getting a great start in the 30 vet class main but in the dirt got pushed off a table causing some issues. Was still able to salvage a 10th outa 16 which I felt good about cause the vet class was fast.

In the open am it was a huge class!!! I qualified 8th outa 21 so I got a 2nd row start. That was one of the funnest races I've ever had on the SM :-D There were a group of about 5 of us that were very evenly matched and we were swapping positions like mad. It was some intense racing!!! I Ended up holding 5th but a kid on a CRF snuck by me with just a couple corners to go, still ended up 6th outa 21.

A couple pics. Me on the only big 2 stroke, lot's of people askin questions about the KX

This kid was only 14 and haulin ass!!!

The dirt section

This is how most rhythm'd this section

Not 1 pro He had his own idea

Father/son out tearing up the minis....the little kid was haulin on knobbs!

Turn 1

Some tight racin, the little bastard on the honda was the one that passed me right at the end of the open am race 

Overall the venue and racing was top notch, I will be definately headin back!!!!!!!! The KX held it's own for 14 year old technology :mrgreen:
braaaaaaaaap