Author Topic: Adjustable Pull Rods (Dog Bones)  (Read 4485 times)

Offline DoldGuy

Adjustable Pull Rods (Dog Bones)
« on: June 24, 2009, 03:39:29 PM »
KXRiders,

Any interest in adjustable pull rods (Dog Bones)? I will be sending these to Jerry @ JFAB to see if it is feasable to make these (No Longer Available). They can be set up for the K5, K2.5 & K1.25, and can be run 1.5mm shorter, 1mm shorter, stock & 1mm longer.
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline KXcam22

Re: Adjustable Pull Rods (Dog Bones)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 02:33:57 AM »
Very cool and trick item.  Not to sound negative but IMO easily (and cheaply) replaced by some aluminum (or steel) flatbar of different lengths.  Cam.

Offline demographic

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 05:44:41 AM »
I have only ever seen those Devol adjustable dog bones in Eric Gorrs book, the hole is offset so you adjust them by removing the centre and rotating it a position.

Always seemed like a very good idea to me and I wondered why they dissapeared.

I wonder if there were any wear issues?
Tell us how you get on with them please.

Regards Scott.

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 02:23:44 AM »
I ran the PC pull rods in 1993 & 1994 (Sold the bike after that). I then purchased the ones pictured here in 1995 & have used the same set ever since (remove them from the bike prior to sale) and have not had any wear issues.

KXCam,
I agree an inexpensive way to get by is to use something else, but, at any time you want to change your set up with these, its as simple as removing 1 bolt & nut spinning the insert and go from a Woods Slicing Machine to a Whoop Hound. I have tried different many setups including Triple Trees with less Rake, but nothing has come close to the difference these make as far as front end "Bite" for me.
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!