Author Topic: 91` 125 wont rev  (Read 8226 times)

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
Re: 91` 125 wont rev
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 08:03:11 AM »
Right on. Glad you found it. You must have a different Manual. I am looking at Clymer M447-2. It gives me 158 main, slide cut away 5, Needle N0EJ at 2nd position, 48 pilot, 1 1/2 turns for air screw, 15-17mm fuel float height. I am not trying to be a know-it all, by far, I am just trying to help throw ideas out there, and be helpful.
  Its hard to guess that a bike has a bad crank seal. It always gives rich condition, but since you were having issues with jets at the same time, and the stuck powervalve, it was just a guess.

Offline Jopiz

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 10:56:11 AM »
I use what Pro Circuit recommends. I have PC platinum pipe. I think its fine.

Previous owner said the seals are in mint condition. When i bought it it had some unburnt oil/gas on the swing arm. It looks now exactly the same.

I'll keep you guys posted when i get my new seal. I also have to check why KIPS governor rod isnt moving. Im going to pull the cylinder out and de-carbon everything with cleaner. Probably i'll adjust KIPS so it doesn't over close.

1 problem causing one symptom is easy to fix, 2 problems at the same time causing one symptom needs a lot of thinking. 4 Problems causing one symptom gives a serious headache ;)
I have fixed a lot of machines in my life. Sometimes there are so many things going on you just cant diagnose the problem  :-D

Total: Powervalve not operating correctly, main jet fell off, pilot jet was clogged, right hand side crank seal bad.:mrgreen: 

-Jopizz

Offline Jopiz

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 11:52:15 AM »
I got my seals a few days ago and im now complete with the project. I had to split the cases because the dry crank seal was also leaking. I replaced all other seals aswell. Im sure everything is sealed now.
I didnt expect to get any difference in compression readings. The compression rose from 162 psi to 174 psi. The 162 psi was measured with normal condiction. 174 PSI was measured when the cylinder was completely dry. I cant wait to test it tomorrow. I only need to put coolant in and im ready to run!
Im not 100% sure that wet side seal was totally leaking. When i received my set of gaskets and seals i didnt know where one o-ring belonged. After a little research i found that it was meant to be put under main pinion gear so it seals the system with the crank seal. It was totally missing when i took it apart. Could have caused lots of problems if wasnt noticed.
I'll post some more when i get it running.  :mrgreen:

-Jopiz

Offline dangerous dean

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 01:53:14 PM »
as i have got to do all my seals as well any chance of putting the diagram up and pointing out this o ring seal?

Offline Jopiz

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 12:05:05 PM »