Author Topic: Auto Clutch!  (Read 12036 times)

kawdude

Auto Clutch!
« on: January 02, 2004, 05:21:02 AM »
All,
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I spoke with Rekluse regarding their auto clutch and when it would be available for the big 5.  They stated that they should have one available by March 1.  

Sweet...if it works!!!

Offline doordie

• Global Moderator
  • Do or Die.....
autoclutch
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 05:58:21 AM »
kawdude!
Rekluse?
Where?
Plz, plz :twisted:
Iceroad champion 2006,still 2007,even 2008 without a single race!

kawdude

Auto Clutch!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 06:04:07 AM »
Here's the website.   http://www.rekluse.com/

One question I have is when you're going up a hill and stop.  Does the darn thing let the bike role backwards???

kawdude

Auto Clutch!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 10:20:14 AM »
I would like to request that all of us contact them to make sure that they do build the clutch for the KX.  They said they would by 3/1 but if the demand isn't there they may not.  (my comment, not there's)  There is form on the website where you can make the request.  Please try and do this even if you don't want one to show support for the big 5 hunny.

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Auto Clutch!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2004, 11:28:30 AM »
Good Idea! If vendors see there is a market for the product they will be more inclined to market / produce it.

Rick

Auto Clutch!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 02:04:59 AM »
Only $400 bucks for this thing!!!  If it works, I'm interested, but couldn't find any forms to request more information.  Will be very interested to see how well this works.

Rick

sdkx500

Auto Clutch!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2004, 03:18:32 AM »

kawdude

Auto Clutch!
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2004, 05:17:31 AM »
Sorry, it's not a specific form.  It's a contact form.

From this path...http://www.rekluse.com/faq/index.cfm

go to...the last one.

> When will the z-Start be available for my bike?
Soon! We are working very hard to make the z-Start available for all popular dirt bikes. By filling out the form on the Contact page and checking the bikes you are interested in, Rekluse Motorsports will automatically send you an e-mail message when we have a new product available for that bike.

AZSingletracker

Auto Clutch!
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2004, 05:39:06 AM »
I'm currently running one on my CRF 450 and it is the cats meow. The thing is great, I honestly can't say enough good about it. Tight hill climb stuff is a snap, it also still allows for engine braking. If you dump your bike, it will still keep running, just get it upright and ride away. It does have a couple advantages over the more costly Rev-Loc too.

Give them a call directly if you want more info about it. They spent a lot of time on the phone with me and answered all the questions I had. I also opted for the clutch override option so you can still use the clutch if you like, although the pull is greatly reduced.

If they are coming out with one for the KX5 I'll be in line for one, that's for sure.

Offline doordie

• Global Moderator
  • Do or Die.....
Auto Clutch!
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2004, 08:14:21 PM »
Sure!
I will post right now to them.
Good job kawdude! :wink:
Iceroad champion 2006,still 2007,even 2008 without a single race!

gmtexas

Auto Clutch!
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2004, 12:04:37 PM »
They emailed me that something should be ready around 3-1. I am not sure if I would like an automatic, but lighter clutch pull with the option of automatic sounds pretty good. :roll:

AZSingletracker

Auto Clutch!
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2004, 05:46:09 PM »
Quote from: gmtexas
They emailed me that something should be ready around 3-1. I am not sure if I would like an automatic, but lighter clutch pull with the option of automatic sounds pretty good. :roll:

That's kind of the way I first looked at it but, it was really easy to get spoiled really quick!

Once you have one, you'll love the thing to death ... It takes riding into a totally new perspective and level, at least it did for me.  :wink:

kawdude

Auto Clutch!
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2004, 04:15:46 PM »
Quote from: AZSingletracker
it also still allows for engine braking. If you dump your bike, it will still keep running,

I don't really understand how it can be auto but still give braking effects.  Isn't either engaged or disengaged?

Come to think of it my sons xr70 seems to have braking and you can bump start it.  How do these things work?  On the KX I mean...

husqrider

Auto Clutch!
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2004, 05:56:35 AM »
thanks kawdude for the info on Rekluse auto clutch. I emailed them on Fri 1/09/04 and they replied today that they expect to have the KX500 version ready mid March. I look forward to trying one and hearing others response to the clutch.

kawdude

Auto Clutch!
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2004, 10:45:02 AM »
Excellent.  Hopefully this will be a well made product that works as well as they say.