Author Topic: Thanks KX Riders!!!!!!!!  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
Thanks KX Riders!!!!!!!!
« on: May 04, 2009, 09:55:11 AM »
 :-D :-D :-D

After totally Jonesin' all winter, just tinkering on bikes and reading about them on this Fantastic Forum, I had the best race weekend of my life. With advice of my Teammate and former Pro rider, and the info on this site, our bikes were screamin'. It was the first race of the year and a Double, a Saturday Night Climb and Sunday Afternoon Climb. I race my 96 250 in a 0-400cc stock  wheel-base class, my 97 500 in an Open Stock Class and a Stretched '86 KDX 200 in the 200 Class. I had only rode the 200 one other time and at that time, we still needed to work out some bugs.
  Saturday night turned out to be a sloppy muddy mess, which most people assume is no traction, but really turned out to be lots of traction in the right places on the hill. This is a good reminder to gear down in the heavy mud for me. It loaded all the riders tires up before even getting staged in the hole. That takes alot of power off of the bike. Anyway, hopefully the video turns out well and I can post some links, if I can figure that out.

Saturday night (under the lights)
-the 200 struggled with the balance of power, traction and gearing... finished 2nd
-the 250 had a perfect ride hooking up and staying straight and missed first place by .001 of a second
-the 500 stretched my arms off the log and flew over the top winning Open stock
   Sunday afternoon I had a little better plan
-the 200 smoked it after I figured out how to load up the tire, but almost crashed after launching the top and got my first win on that bike
-the 250 was very fast again, and held Fast time for both rounds until the Last rider in the class snuck under me by a couple hundreths.
- the 500, well you know what happened with that, won that class again.  :evil:

I was speechless. To be honest, I have never been that competitive before. Yeah, I might get a good ride in one class, or ocassionally in both stock classes, but there's so many super fast guys with a hundred years more experience, (and thousands more in money)I feel proud to just make them sweat a little. The race was held where this year's Indiana and Illinois State Championships will be held. What a practice.
  I seriously owe Danger, and everyone a big thanks on here for donating their info.
  All these bikes have the V-force reeds as recommended by Stewart, and I believe is the best bang for the buck, next to an aftermarket pipe.  Thanks guys. This site is awesome.

Offline DoldGuy

Re: Thanks KX Riders!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 10:04:08 AM »
Its always nice to see the dedicated hard work over the winter pay off!
Congrats on Keeping KX Riders Proud :-D
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
Re: Thanks KX Riders!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 12:57:50 PM »
There truly is not a site like this one! Thanks to everybody who keep it running and bring information to the table that helps everybod.. You all make this the best d**n forum on the internet.