Author Topic: KX500 SUPERMOTO TIPS?  (Read 10760 times)

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
Re: KX500 SUPERMOTO TIPS?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 12:10:37 PM »
I found a set of Emig's with the forks on Craig's list Dallas.  I have a friend that lives in Arlington and I called him first to see if he could pick them up for me.  He said he could so I called the guy, turns out he lived in Arlington just a mile from my friend.  Worked out very well for me. $125.00 I thought that was a good price.  I'll take a picture tomorrow.
KX 500 Rider

Offline tha.steev.oh

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 02:08:21 AM »
Here's some updated pics. Everything worked out pretty well. Had to retro-fit a few KX450-250F parts but not a major pain. Now that it's all done, I'm considering the AF frame conversion this next winter...  :roll:

My stock tank was looking scabby so I wrapped it with 3M Di-Noc carbon fibre. Has anyone tried this stuff? It moulds very well and now it looks like I'm sportin' a 100% carbon fuel tank for about $20. We'll see how it holds up. I'll take some pics and show it off soon.

As for my buddy and his SXV550... I've slapped him and taken his lunch money every time we are out together. He's so pissed the old girl beats his techno-savvy Italian Stallion :-D

Offline sbtwo

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 06:07:50 PM »
What offset triple clamps did you get from Emig? Were they in the 13-16mm range?

Offline KRSX

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 03:05:41 PM »
Hey steeve.oh! Guess we'll be seeing some of each other on the track next year hahaha, can't believe I found you here, just started working on my KX-RS125  :evil:

I'll be keeping the engine to full stock form, when I get the new bike figured out and working properly...I'll be right up your alley bud  :-D

Guess SM would be a good place to post my bike huh?

Richard

Offline tha.steev.oh

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 05:34:09 PM »
Indeed Richard. Your idea is definitely radical but will be a straight-up assault vehicle when its done. We all know the engine is fast and now in that light Aprilia frame it will really shine. After talking today, you got me thinking about this super single idea now. You're evil...

steev.oh