Author Topic: Jetting driving me nuts  (Read 4038 times)

greenmonster

Jetting driving me nuts
« on: February 16, 2003, 02:35:45 AM »
01 kx5 fmf gnarly pipe,moose reed spacer,b7es plug,maxium mixed at 50
to 1,160 main,55 pilot, 3 clip,I am still fouling plugs they are dry but very black when I take them out.When I try to start it ,it kicks over on second kick then revs a little bit and acts like it runs out of gas and dies(only from a cold start) when hot it starts great and runs clean with what I think is the right amount of smoke???When I switch plugs it starts just fine and no problems???Anybody else got this combo that can offer some jetting help?Is my pilot to lean or still to rich??Maybe move the needle??? thanks for the help!!! :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Jetting driving me nuts
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2003, 03:18:07 AM »
Where do you live? I mean temp / elevation. I live close to 2000ft above sealevel and it's in 60's here now. I run a 168 main, 58 pilot, needle on 3rd clip setting with an FMF Fatty, Moose reed spacer, VForce Delta II and I've not fouled a plug in the 18 months I've owned my 01.

It starts on the first or second kick  (hot or cold) and runs like a champ.

greenmonster

Jetting driving me nuts
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2003, 12:53:00 PM »
I live in arkansas at about the same conditions.I got my jetting from the chart on the home page.I will try your set up and let you know??It has been about 45 deg. the last two times I rode.Thanks

Z1R

Team Green jetting spec
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 11:26:35 PM »
..this is from the 5th issue of the 2002 Team Green news .

Recommended from Sea Level to 3000'
Temperature average of 70 degrees
40:1 mixture
92 Octane Fuel

KX 500

Main 170   :?  ...That one caught me by suprise, but may be related to extended durations of WFO.

Needle: N82M (stock) in postion #2

Pilot: 55  

Air Screw:  2 turns

Spark Plug:  B9EVX  ...This also makes sense from extended WFO's in Southern California.  In the cooler woods of New England I Like a B7EVX

I also have to Thank Dirt Bike magazine for mentioning the fact that while you may get your KX500 jetted spot on .... it won't sound that way.