Author Topic: Ty Davis FMF Low boy pipe..  (Read 7990 times)

Motorrad

Ty Davis FMF Low boy pipe..
« on: April 23, 2009, 03:57:24 PM »
Okay guys... Im very interested in this pipe... talking to stewart he is also interested in this pipe performance wise....   

For all those that have one...

Im offering to pay shipping  both ways to Stewart for him to Dyno the pipe to see what it actually does... all in the name of "2 stroke science"....   If thats not enough. PM me as to what it would take for you to part with your pipe for 2 weeks... ...   If your pipe has dents (serious dents... they arnt eligible as this will effect the grounds for testing)

It HAS TO BE THE FMF VERSION as thats the only version available now...

-Dave

Offline Good

• Yo.
Re: Ty Davis FMF Low boy pipe..
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 02:46:33 AM »
Is this the pipe that fit the Zip Ty tanks with 250 shrouds?  :-D I have one, but it has dents.  Let me know, I'd ship it myself as it looks like I'm going to be out of commission for at least the next year or so.

Pictures below.

http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,4930.0.html

stewart

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 03:00:54 AM »
we could fix the dents

Offline Good

• Yo.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 03:13:48 AM »
Is this the one you're looking for Stewart?  If it is, and you're not worried about the dents I'll send it right away. :-)

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 05:21:31 AM »
GOOD, out of commission??? whats up with that? you hurt yourself out in the dez?

Offline Good

• Yo.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 08:55:31 AM »
Naw, bike just has a lot of issues and don't have the money to rebuild 'everything' right now. :-D  I can't wait, but have to.  :oops:

Just bought a tank from Bigtim so that's good, need a new pipe, reeds, trans is stuck in gear (no clue...) and jetting's still not on (can't even work on this because of transmission.)  I'm really craving that straight line acceleration!

daylight hours are mainly spent working, working on the house remodel, or working at the church.  Haven't had much time for fun stuff! :lol:

Bike is still priority next to the house (makes wife happy :-P)

Still need to get the 383 stroker in the S10 put back together and buttoned up
440 pulled from motorhome and put in Ramcharger, along with 1 ton axles
finish old Jeep motor mounts and crossmember, etc. (bunch of little stuff)
build armor for new Jeep
Clean CBR carbs
Mend the fence
Mow the grass, yadda yadda
The list goes on...

Hope you're doing well? :wink:

stewart

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 03:37:34 PM »
,,,good  and motorrad and the many others on here i like it when i see the good spirted lets all make these k5s run the best  in action i  have spent a great deal of this week working on k5 ideas  ,,and lots of you have been giving good input

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 04:23:00 PM »
Stewart
What are you looking for in a pipe for the dyno runs you plan to make.

Offline Good

• Yo.
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 02:16:32 AM »
So, I'm willing to send my pipe off if you think it'll work for what you need.

Someone send me an address or something and we'll get it on it's way.  It's up to you. :wink:

Offline Charlie500

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 10:35:54 AM »
This is the pipe you guys are talking about... Is it still available through fmf???
2014 KX 450 Bark-Buster

Offline Good

• Yo.
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 03:36:25 AM »
Yeah, that's it as far as I can tell, is that yours?  It's in better shape than mine and prolly would be a better dyno specimen for Stewart.  Lemme know soon though as I plan to get mine in the mail either today or tomorrow. :-D

Offline Charlie500

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 01:48:39 PM »
I can't let this one go. It's the only one that i have.... didn't you say you can still buy these??? I would be interested in purchasing another one...
2014 KX 450 Bark-Buster

Offline nd4speed

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 05:11:26 AM »
I have been trying to find out for like a year if these low boy pipes can be purchased still .

Offline Charlie500

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 08:55:01 AM »
I bought this one from ziptye racing about 8 months ago with the gas tank set, and they said that it was almost the last one that they had. I haven't contacted fmf about getting them directly... I got this one so i was happy...
2014 KX 450 Bark-Buster

Motorrad

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 11:04:54 AM »
I bought this one from ziptye racing about 8 months ago with the gas tank set, and they said that it was almost the last one that they had. I haven't contacted fmf about getting them directly... I got this one so i was happy...
this comment here has been scaring me.  I called them yesterday and today ( great people to talk to) said they still had one or two fmf pipes.  They wernt sure.   But they said the power  is Very similar to the gnarly desert   
Since They said "one or two" I ordered a pipe tank and shrouds I couldn't miss out.  Still interested in Stewarts findings on the dyno. 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 02:21:00 PM by Motorrad »