Author Topic: other brands of plastic on a kx  (Read 3076 times)

Offline k5for-life

• its not what you ride its that you ride thats all
other brands of plastic on a kx
« on: February 12, 2009, 07:33:34 AM »
hey guys im hopeing this will work! im taking plastic off of a 07 ktm 250sx and fitting it to my 91 k5 i will get some pics on when i can
in thee begining man become of the dirt and in thee end he shall return to the dirt in the mean time we shall give him a kx500 and the dirt shall be his play ground

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
Re: other brands of plastic on a kx
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 10:53:59 AM »
you may feel a large lightning strike when touching that KTM plastic to the kx 500. :-o :-o you may anger the k5 gods. :lol: :lol: why on earth would you do such a thing to a mighty k5?????     MADDOGGY

Offline k5for-life

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 11:01:48 AM »
you may feel a large lightning strike when touching that KTM plastic to the kx 500. :-o :-o you may anger the k5 gods. :lol: :lol: why on earth would you do such a thing to a mighty k5?????     MADDOGGY
cuz i can i like the ktm fender better
in thee begining man become of the dirt and in thee end he shall return to the dirt in the mean time we shall give him a kx500 and the dirt shall be his play ground

Offline GDubb

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 04:19:13 PM »
Blasphemy!  :evil:

-G
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

Offline k5for-life

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 11:31:34 AM »

-G
no stock k5 plastic is ugly and i think the ktm plastic looks better

Offline TheGDog

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 03:43:56 PM »
I actually loved the old-school KX fenders they used to have with the number-plates built into'em.  I always thought they looked bad-a$$  :mrgreen:
'97 PC800 + '96 KX 500 + '90 KDX 200 + 2000 XR50R (for the lil guy!)

Offline KX500freak

• KX500 - Have a Wheelie good weekend
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 10:29:03 PM »

-G
no stock k5 plastic is ugly and i think the ktm plastic looks better

stock is not ugly , why change it ,costs money ,efford and you,re not going one second faster  :|
Dutch Team Green 91-94-01 KX500

Offline Dutch-K5 Fan

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 02:20:54 AM »
hey guys im hopeing this will work! im taking plastic off of a 07 ktm 250sx and fitting it to my 91 k5 i will get some pics on when i can

Why the he#%$$W do you buy a K5 than if you like a KTM??????

Buy a Sx380 than!!

Dutch (some one who like's K5's)
Proud owner of a KX500AF

Offline k5for-life

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 06:24:55 AM »

Why the he#%$$W do you buy a K5 than if you like a KTM??????

Buy a Sx380 than!!

Dutch (some one who like's K5's) hahahaha wow i love my k5 i do this will all of my bikes

Offline GDubb

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 08:00:26 AM »
You get the rust issues taken care of? KTM plastics wont make that look any better. However, they will look GREAT with the PINK shock spring!  :-D Have you gotten a chance to ride that thing yet? Last I remember you had a foot of snow and hadnt gotten a chance to ride it.

-G
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

Offline k5for-life

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 08:18:06 AM »
You get the rust issues taken care of? KTM plastics wont make that look any better. However, they will look GREAT with the PINK shock spring!  :-D Have you gotten a chance to ride that thing yet? Last I remember you had a foot of snow and hadnt gotten a chance to ride it.

-G
i had a chance to ride it it runs nice i have a new chain for it and i need to gear it down a lot im thinking 14/45 would be nice and you better not be makeing fun of my pink spring it has feelings too you know!! lol

Offline azracer19

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 08:18:30 AM »
still waiting on this KTM----K5 fender swap its an ok start....but i know a few people that might sell you a real 500.     seriously where are the pics of the orange plastic

Offline cbxracer30

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 01:22:43 PM »
Maybe he should just find a katoom 550 or 440 . Stick with green that orange would be just wrong. CBX
Yep, you can ride it - if YOU can start it !!