Author Topic: special thanks to jerry @ jfabmotorsports  (Read 2228 times)

Offline bennieben

special thanks to jerry @ jfabmotorsports
« on: April 17, 2009, 09:07:48 AM »
i posted a topic a few weeks ago, jerry gave me an answer to my question and he mailed me the parts i needed at a great price and quickly. thanks for your help.
teamgodzilla since 2004...a dirtbike & atv riding club.  if your friends dont ride, then its time to get new friends :)    "a day without wheelies, is like i didnt go riding at all" (ben peralta)

stewart

Re: special thanks to jerry @ jfabmotorsports
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 10:47:28 AM »
i think it says alot if we have a web page  here  that is full of good people that work towards one goal  david  and many others have made this real  good

Offline jfabmotorsports.com

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 12:47:12 PM »

I'm going to take this opportunity to shine the light on Stewart a little. I have had the pleasure of meeting this gentleman and even riding his K5 a bit. He is spending countless hours on R&D of special parts for the KX500 engine. Some of these parts and ideas are proven winners in other applications. Adapting them to the 500 is a whole new ball game. You can't just go to Wal-Mart, with or without your house slippers on, and buy a program to make a crank stuffer or a blue print to cut a piston window...ect.  The list goes on from what I have seen in the short time that I have been on this site. Building a crank stuffer to market is a huge undertaking....design, fixtureing, time studies, and last but not least finding time on a $100,000 mill to fit in a part that might not even work.  These crank stuffers are cool and if they work well and 10% of the people that have a KX500 would buy one at reasonable price Stewart would still be in the hole, dollar wise. It is a good thing he has a real job and the K5 is a hobby.
    My hat goes off to Stewart, he deserves the real thanks.

JFAB
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 01:19:21 PM by jfabmotorsports.com »
Don't just float through life, make waves!

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 11:26:33 PM »
 Thanks again guys. Danger, Stewart, Doordie, BDI, JFAB, PAUL, so many good minds giving up the goods on here. my 500 has come a long way thanks to everyone's input. These guys and evryone else. The "Kawasaki Think Tank" Season starts the first weekend in May, and she's as ready as ever, Thanks.

Offline k5for-life

• its not what you ride its that you ride thats all
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 02:27:05 AM »
i posted a topic a few weeks ago, jerry gave me an answer to my question and he mailed me the parts i needed at a great price and quickly. thanks for your help.
i would also like to thank jerry he sold me a wheel at an amazingly low price and with him i would not be riding
in thee begining man become of the dirt and in thee end he shall return to the dirt in the mean time we shall give him a kx500 and the dirt shall be his play ground