Author Topic: dial a jet  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Hick

dial a jet
« on: April 09, 2009, 04:01:35 PM »
So i just had a dial a jet installed on my stock 2003 k5 carb.  It seems to make my finicky carb run clean and crisp now at elevations 200 to 6000 so far.  I was wondering if anyone else has had one of these installed and if so how did they like it, or was there any issues?

Offline Charlie500

Re: dial a jet
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 05:31:24 PM »
Hey i was thinking about getting that done to my carb. Did you have Dicks Racing do it for you?
2014 KX 450 Bark-Buster

Offline Hick

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 06:50:55 PM »
Yeah as a matter a fact he did.  Had him do that when he ported and rebuilt my top end so far so good.  Also added vforce reed system and reed spacer.  I like it so far but only rode it last weekend at stoney but will keep you updated.

Offline Charlie500

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 01:19:26 PM »
Yeah, he rebuilt my moter a few months ago also. Piston, rings, rod, and all the bearings in the bottom end... Still haven't rode it yet. It started leaking from the counter shaft seal soon after i changed the chain and sproket. I'm thinking the new sproket that i got isn't putting enough pressure on the o-ring inside... i'm not sure yet. I get the parts tomorrow.... When i get it all done we should meet up and ride sometime. I want to break in the engine then bring it back to Dick and have the carb done... Can't wait man... I want to post some pics up on here but haven't figured out how to do it yet....
2014 KX 450 Bark-Buster

Offline Hick

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 03:05:14 PM »
Your project bike looks good, sounds like we are in the same neck of the woods always looking for a new face to ride with.  So far i really like the dial a jet not much guess work any more has run clean.  The only thing that make me wonder is how lean the main is but when you install one you are suppose to go about five jets leaner than normal and the dial will compensate as needed.  At least thats how dick explained it and so far so good only three rides though.