Author Topic: Hey from Illinois  (Read 2024 times)

Offline huppca14

Hey from Illinois
« on: April 15, 2009, 09:13:41 AM »
HEy wats up. My name is Cameron and im 13 years old. I was searching the internet to find mods and specs for my kx 85 and ended up at this site. I started reading and then decideded to become a member. Great site with a lot of helpful people. I got my first dirtbike at age 6 and have been stuck ever since. I started with a crf 50, followed by a ttr 90, crf 80, and I currently have a kx 85. My dad never had a dirtbike so he doesn't know much about them or how to fix them but hes learning. I do not race, but I wish I could. My parents won't let me since they don't know anything about them. I usually just ride with my buds through the bean fields, trails, and occasionally local tracks.

Huppca14
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 09:15:13 AM by huppca14 »

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
Re: Hey from Illinois
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 11:52:27 AM »
 Hey wats up Huppca14,
Welcome to the site little man. Tell paps that there is some racing called hillclimbing that would be a great time for the whole family. Don't know where you are in Illinois, but we race there alot. Neoga, White City, Mt Vernon, Ottawa, and some in Indiana. Check out kingofthehill.org for event schedules. You are in District 17. See if your folks will bring you out to watch one. There's kids like 3 and 4 years old so they will see, its not all that dangerous. 40 dollar kill-switch along with your regular safety stuff like helmet and boots is only requirements for your bike. Ama membership=39 bucks and a District card I think is 20. Thats also a good place to learn about bikes for Dad. Lots of 'em. Later.

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 01:13:21 PM »
Welcome to this site Huppca14, there are lots of great guys on this site.  I wish I would have had a KX85 when I was 13, but instead I had this thing called a Cushman scooter, it weighed about four times what I did, only had about three horsepower on a good day and always broke down or wouldnt start. Yes it was a pile of junk but I loved it so much because it was mine.
  Before you know it, you will be racing, or hillclimbing, please make sure you have motocross boots and wear them, they will protect your feet from injury almost every day. Even if you have to buy used ones off Ebay, please get boots.
   Post more about your riding adventures and your progress.
  John
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline huppca14

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 01:55:38 PM »
Thanks for the info about hillclimbing Johnniespeed and Hillclimb#4. I watch it but never have thought about trying it sounds like fun.

Offline Good

• Yo.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 02:19:48 PM »
Yeah, welcome youngster.  Keep the rubber side down. :mrgreen:

Offline jfabmotorsports.com

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 03:35:33 PM »
Welcome and take the good advise from GOOD. Oh.....Motocross does rule!  :-P  :-D
Don't just float through life, make waves!