Author Topic: Hello from Indiana  (Read 2004 times)

Offline emerk

Hello from Indiana
« on: March 23, 2009, 08:42:28 AM »
Hello from Southeast Indiana,

Great site full of excellent tips.  I recently purchased a 1995 KX500 and I think I'm in love!  The bike is in decent condition but seems to run very strong.  It has been ten years since I have owned a dirt bike, the past 3-4 years have been spent on 4 wheels.  Currently in my garage is a 2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750.  So I'm not going all two wheels just yet. 

So far I have been very impressed with the power, ride etc. of the KX5.  This is my first time owning a 2 stroke dirt bike so having the low end torque of the KX5 makes the ride not much different that the past 4 strokes I've owned, well apart from the whole wheelie in just about any gear thing.  Thanks and good day.  emerk

Offline MonsterKX

• 1995 "Fire Breather" project.
Re: Hello from Indiana
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 03:33:02 PM »
Welcome to the site.  It certainly is a great site for info on these green big bore "Fire Breathers"!  I too ride a 1995 KX500!  It was pretty much a resurrection but worth all the time and effort to make it breath fire once again! I also ride a 2006 KX450F.  These two beasts keep my attitude in check for sure.  I bleed green and love every minute on these bikes!  This site is great!  The people are nice and very smart on just about any question you have.  Be safe and ride hard!

Offline emerk

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 08:39:50 AM »
Thanks Monster KX,

You mentioned your KX was a project.  How bad was it when you bought it?  I am thinking down the road to really get into it and turn it into a project.  I will have to post a couple pictures when I have a chance. 

emerk

Offline MonsterKX

• 1995 "Fire Breather" project.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 07:20:32 AM »
Sorry it took so long to answer your last post, I am still trying to figure out all of this "post" stuff.  My project was quit an undertaking.  Once the thrill of finding what I thought was the "Right" bike for a project was over, I almost got sick to my stomach!!!!!  It was pretty bad!  Shock seals, plastics, radiators, controls, cables, pipe, muffler,..... you name it, I found something wrong with about every system on the bike.  However...now I couldn't be more pleased with this resurrected fire breather!  Still working on some carb issues but with the help of this site and a great jetting chart, I think I have a good handle on the carb issues.  Post some pics of your project and let me see it!

Offline bunk

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 08:09:56 AM »
Hey whats up!  Welcome to the group.
01' 500