Author Topic: Hello from Mechanicsville, Virginia  (Read 2073 times)

Offline cxcmoto

Hello from Mechanicsville, Virginia
« on: March 12, 2009, 05:36:55 AM »
Hello all,
I have just purchased a nicely used 03 KX250. I am looking forward to getting back into riding after being out for about 30 years... I am planning on riding a local hare scramble series(VCHSS) and where ever else I can find to ride.

Chris Clark
2003 KX 250
Rekluse Clutch, FMF Gnarly Pipe, bunch of other woods ready mods....
21s
Mechanicsville, VA

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
Re: Hello from Mechanicsville, Virginia
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 11:13:29 AM »
Welcome to the site and welcome back to dirt bikes. Tell me more about the terrain for riding in Virginia. Hills,mountains,swamps, sand, mudd ?
  Do you like the Rekluse clutch ? Did it take long to get used to it ?
 John
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline cxcmoto

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 05:08:03 PM »
Virginia has all sorts of terrain from flat and sandy, to mud swamps, to mountains.

Here is a map and some of the series races
http://vchss.org/pages/2009_vchss_schedule.htm

East of I-95 is fairly flat to small rolling hills. West of I-95 gets more mountainous.

And as for the Rekluse -- it was a piece of cake to get used to. I had been worried about using it and how riding a bike would be with one. It was already installed when I bought the bike, so I decided to just try it out. The first couple of times I was riding some tight single track, locking it up and not stalling the engine, I got used to it real quick. I think anyone riding woods / single track should consider one. Its much easier to ride one gear higher and lug the motor until you need it. I can still feather the clutch if needed.

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 12:49:13 AM »
Welcome! I have alot of family in Mechanicsville. You'll find alot of good info on this site.

Offline JohnJr

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 01:28:56 AM »
Welcome CXC,Im John ,Im in Portsmouth ,Va. Ive got a 01 KX500 bone stock,except forthe V-FORCE Reeds, Gnarly pipe,. Have you been to Slades,in Surry Va.?