Author Topic: I am New to the Green Machines  (Read 2765 times)

Offline jdcowboy

I am New to the Green Machines
« on: March 10, 2009, 05:49:51 AM »
Gentlemen,
I am indeed new to the Green Machines, but not to motorcycles.  I am fairly impartial to brands when it comes to my toys.  I own pretty much one of anything.  When it comes to Cars and Trucks I am very particular.  My toys my rule is if you got something better than what I got, then I need one.  That is what led to my newly acquired KX 500.  Brutis as I call him is definitely the most wicked thing I have ever ridden.  The KX has a 'Burley' pipe, but otherwise mostly stock I believe.  My other toys include a 92 RM 250, 90 Blaster builk to the hilt, 98 Banshee moderately built, 96 Jet Ski 1100, 96 Shadow 600, 01 YZF 600, 01 KTM 300 MXC, and now 99 KX 500.  As you can see I go for the used stuff so that I can enjoy more of it.  I wont get into listing cars.
My KX being used has a few items that need addressed.  I have seen some awesome graphics, and seat covers.  Can you all tell me where to get these?  The ones I have found are rather plain.  I look forward to getting to know you all better.  I am from Oregon so if anyone comes out this way look me up we can go hit the trail.  Well I will ask the boss if I can anyways.  Ha ha!!!! I go by Tex by the way.

Offline KX500freak

• KX500 - Have a Wheelie good weekend
Re: I am New to the Green Machines
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 06:01:38 AM »
WELCOME !!

good point of view to take older bikes ,my idea too
the great kx500 is a nice addition i read :P

have fun with it ,and keep visiting

Dutch Team Green 91-94-01 KX500

Offline jdcowboy

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 06:21:00 AM »
You have 3 kx500's...that is awesome.  I think we would get along.  Why have just 1 when you can have several. 

Offline k5for-life

• its not what you ride its that you ride thats all
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 06:24:15 AM »
You have 3 kx500's...that is awesome.  I think we would get along.  Why have just 1 when you can have several. 
i cant even aford to have one my wifes at my neck as is but hey welcome
in thee begining man become of the dirt and in thee end he shall return to the dirt in the mean time we shall give him a kx500 and the dirt shall be his play ground

Offline KX500freak

• KX500 - Have a Wheelie good weekend
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 07:59:38 PM »

thnx yea i like the fact of lots of old bikes in the garage,
all well maintained but not courant anymore

if you need any help you are in the right place here :)

cheers
Dutch Team Green 91-94-01 KX500

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 12:12:29 PM »
Welcome Tex, glad to see you and Brutus are here. Michigan is a little flat but we have the nations greatest trail system.
  John
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.