Author Topic: rear hub fix  (Read 5841 times)

Offline ID KX500

• Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness
Re: rear hub fix
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 08:13:49 AM »
jfab's correct on the sidecase damage. Seen it on fully wipedout hubs before,,, cause of the looseness of the chain. At least ride it like a little old lady going home from church. I missed the cause in the first place howd it chunk out,,, changing bearings?  :|
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline k5for-life

• its not what you ride its that you ride thats all
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 08:23:15 AM »
jfab's correct on the sidecase damage. Seen it on fully wipedout hubs before,,, cause of the looseness of the chain. At least ride it like a little old lady going home from church. I missed the cause in the first place howd it chunk out,,, changing bearings?  :|
it came to the shop that i bought it from like that they dont know how it got that way its what you call a repo the guy didnt pay his bill so i bought it, i have been testing the fix for over a week and its holding up nicely i will be keeping an eye on it check it every 15-20 min
in thee begining man become of the dirt and in thee end he shall return to the dirt in the mean time we shall give him a kx500 and the dirt shall be his play ground

Offline k5for-life

• its not what you ride its that you ride thats all
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 09:46:18 AM »
Yes, that looks very painful. A visit to the emergency room is cheaper than a hub and respoking. Better yet, you can get a rear wheel pretty cheap off ebay.
ok guys i have a problem ok my birthday is april 4th i have a huge ride that all my buddys are going for its for my birthday i really need a rear wheel i have no money im just trying to get by any help would make me sooooo frigin thankful

k5for-life
in thee begining man become of the dirt and in thee end he shall return to the dirt in the mean time we shall give him a kx500 and the dirt shall be his play ground