Author Topic: Tired of lurking around...newb!!  (Read 2174 times)

spaz

Tired of lurking around...newb!!
« on: March 05, 2009, 07:55:14 AM »
Ok, so I've been a lurker here for quite a while...along with smjunkie's forum...  I am glad that I have finally decided to step into the k5 realm of speed.  I just purchased my first k5!!!!     92' to be exact, all stock even with the straight 90's graphics!!!   I am looking to tag it here in North Carolina and use it to commute to campus at UNCC, along with trail-riding.  I have been on kx250's since I was in 9th grade @ 130 lbs... I rode with my nuts on the tank, ahead of all my friends and their 4wheelers, and cr125's!!!!!! I had an opportunity to ride my FIRST kx500 last month and WHAM... about 3 weeks later I had to have one!!!!   The way it makes me feel, just like back in the day when I was ~100lbs on a 250.... that feeling is back and yet i am 6' 190lbs now.  Needless to say the Kx500 bug has bitten me and I am changed.

I am learning the tasks it takes to supermoto the k5, looking for the cheapest way to get into 17's and street tires, I envy kx500freak's 3 beauty's so I am picking his brains as of now...haha
 :-D

Caleb
aka SpaZ

Offline k5for-life

• its not what you ride its that you ride thats all
Re: Tired of lurking around...newb!!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 09:26:57 AM »
Ok, so I've been a lurker here for quite a while...along with smjunkie's forum...  I am glad that I have finally decided to step into the k5 realm of speed.  I just purchased my first k5!!!!     92' to be exact, all stock even with the straight 90's graphics!!!   I am looking to tag it here in North Carolina and use it to commute to campus at UNCC, along with trail-riding.  I have been on kx250's since I was in 9th grade @ 130 lbs... I rode with my nuts on the tank, ahead of all my friends and their 4wheelers, and cr125's!!!!!! I had an opportunity to ride my FIRST kx500 last month and WHAM... about 3 weeks later I had to have one!!!!   The way it makes me feel, just like back in the day when I was ~100lbs on a 250.... that feeling is back and yet i am 6' 190lbs now.  Needless to say the Kx500 bug has bitten me and I am changed.

I am learning the tasks it takes to supermoto the k5, looking for the cheapest way to get into 17's and street tires, I envy kx500freak's 3 beauty's so I am picking his brains as of now...haha
 :-D

Caleb
aka SpaZ
SpaZ welcome to the k2 family i just got a 91 kx500 and its one hell of a bike thats for sure like you i had a 250 and there fast but i had the chance to ride a 83 cr480 and i was hooked on the bigbore so i got me k5 and welcome again
in thee begining man become of the dirt and in thee end he shall return to the dirt in the mean time we shall give him a kx500 and the dirt shall be his play ground

Offline KX500freak

• KX500 - Have a Wheelie good weekend
Re: Tired of lurking around...newb!!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 10:13:47 AM »

WELCOME  :-)

glad you came here ,
we have like 10 /15 k5-sm riders.
guess that makes us  :evil: :wink:

you,re allready well underway in pickin me brain ,
so goahead and supermoto the d**m thing hahah :evil:

Dutch Team Green 91-94-01 KX500