Author Topic: A viking and hes warmachine.  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Sofus

A viking and hes warmachine.
« on: March 04, 2009, 08:47:37 PM »
Hi all.

My name is Emil, and I just got a KX500 ('96 frame) with a license plate. Actually I got a bargin and got 2 KX500s, one with a plate and one without (and more or less in pieces).

This is my second street bike (CBR600 '95 before) and my first offroader/motard. I also do some road races (R6/CBR600).

I picked up the bike 2 days ago, and just had my first ride to work today. What a wicked machine!! It smokes, makes noise, pulls my arms off, doesn't really break (offroad tires on the street) and is generally f**king insane.

I do have some work cut out for me thou. The rear wheel hub is damaged (the bearing can wooble in the race) on both my rear wheels. So I'll problerbly end up getting some 17'' wheels for it, and upgraded the front brake. The gear oil looks pretty white/mayo like, so that have to be changed, and well, I need to get some blinkers for the license inspection.

And yeaa, the previous owner installed a really really small rear sprocket, so it's actually not that wheelie happy.

I hope to post some pictures when I get some taken.

Ohh and btw, I'm in Denmark, and I'd love to hear from some other european members.

Offline KX500freak

• KX500 - Have a Wheelie good weekend
Re: A viking and hes warmachine.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 09:09:23 PM »
WELCOME !!

you must feel like a roadpirate ,hangin on w.o.t hahaa
i,m from holland ,got a supermotarded & plated k5 too for two years now,man its a thrill everytime i get on it ..
they are rare with plate overhere ,i happen to have prolly the last one riding ,
of the few ones that actually rode in holland.
never seen one for sale for the last 2/3 years anyways ..

freak
Dutch Team Green 91-94-01 KX500

Offline Sofus

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 09:34:30 PM »
WELCOME !!

Thanks! :)

i,m from holland ,got a supermotarded & plated k5 too for two years now,man its a thrill everytime i get on it ..
they are rare with plate overhere ,i happen to have prolly the last one riding ,
of the few ones that actually rode in holland.
never seen one for sale for the last 2/3 years anyways ..

freak

I've seen some of your posts in the motard section, and I might pm you when I try to motard mine. Your KX5 looks very nice.

I think I there are 2 road legal KX500s in Denmark, and I'm lucky enough to have one of them, so yeaa, they are very rare on the street.

Do you have a good parts supplier down in Holland? I'll proberbly need quite a few parts in the near future.

Offline KX500freak

• KX500 - Have a Wheelie good weekend
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 10:19:58 AM »
hey thats sweet ,so you have a rare item man !
just like me here in holland..

and yeah !! we have a heck of a supplier in holland.
he,s like 10 miles away from my house .

he,s THE no1 kawasaki premium MX dealership in the netherlands.
boy what i went for sometimes...
brakepiston /forksprings/plastic etc:

hes got it all stacked ,never were disappointed  8-)

freak
Dutch Team Green 91-94-01 KX500