Author Topic: Brake Rotors  (Read 1869 times)

kmac

Brake Rotors
« on: May 13, 2004, 09:04:33 AM »
Anybody out there had any experience with after-market rotors such as Titax, Tusk or EBC? Looking for a little Consumer's  Report as I need to replace mine. The Tusk & Titax are fairly inexpensive, which of course is attractive, but would I be buying junk? Also, pros/cons of stainless vs. high-carbon. I ride mostly forest single and double-track to fairly open, not much desert/sand or mud/wet. Any input much appreciated!!

Rick

Brake Rotors
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 11:16:28 AM »
Actually, I have replaced both my front and rear with EBC units.  The rear was replaced because it just wore out (I usually go through one every 18 months), and I bent the front when I crashed and broke my collar bone.  Unfortunately, I have never opted for the high dollar units, as I don't think they will make me stop any better.  Might last a little longer, but would have to prove it to me before I would shell out any more cash than I have to.

In a nut shell, EBC rotors are cost effective and work just dandy.

Rick

teamgreen500

Brake Rotors
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 03:16:04 PM »
Galfer wave rotors are in the "Test Procedure". I'll post when I've got some more time on 'em.

First impresions:
They work a little beter than vented "Stockers" and the rear works as good the "Mud" rotor (My favorite...a little better than vented).

Manny

teamgreen500

Brake Rotors
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 03:16:46 PM »
Double post by monkey that can't seem to quit hitting the keyboard.

Down boy!

kawdude

Brake Rotors
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 03:06:06 PM »
I have larger tusk rotor on the front.  It definately stops better.  I don't have any reservations with the Tusk brand at this point.