Author Topic: Bad Stator Coil  (Read 2687 times)

rdg2

Bad Stator Coil
« on: December 01, 2003, 02:50:36 PM »
I have encountered an ignition system problem and was wondering where i could buy a new stator coil.  The problem is the "small"/secondary winding on the stator coil (located at about the 4 o'clock position on the stator plate).  I need a new one and was wondering where the best place to get it is.  I am sure that I would need to order a stator coil set anyway, but the small stator coil is beyond repair.
Does the "moose" stator coil come with both big and little coil.

Thanks
Rob

1992 KX500

Rick

Bad Stator Coil
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 06:31:24 AM »
Actually, I think you are talking about the CDI trigger.  I lost my CDI trigger on the start line at a race in May.  I was so irritated, I just purchased a new stator plate complete with both the stator coil and CDI trigger from kawasaki.  However, as I understand, Ricky Stator can either provide a new trigger or rewind your old trigger.  Here is the web page: http://www.rickystator.com/

I didn't have my trigger fixed as I didn't want to risk having the thing break again.  We are often 30-40 miles from the next living person, so would have to tow a bike a long way to get to the van.  If I remember, a stock stator plate is over $300.00, so not cheap.  But, hey, without a working stator, you just have a nice big green door stop.  

You might check several of the Kawasaki vendors on the web for the best price.

Good luck.

Rick

sdkx500

Bad Stator Coil
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 02:38:38 PM »
Give electrex a try... http://www.electrexusa.com

Rick

Bad Stator Coil
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 02:34:51 AM »
Yup, good thought.  I checked the site, and they indead sell the proper parts, and at a good price.  

Rick

rdg2

Bad Stator Coil
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2003, 10:14:42 AM »
Thanks guys,

I'll order the part from Electrex.

Robert