Author Topic: KX500 Wont Start!!!!  (Read 12878 times)

cass

Re: KX500 Wont Start!!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 06:15:10 AM »
hi hillclimer what do you mean by cylinder problem? if i lean bike over fuel comes out of overflows! got reed block out and waiting for fuel to evaporate then ill try her again if it doesent start ill bite the bullet and buy a new cdi !

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2009, 11:08:20 PM »
 At least you are getting fuel to there. Cylinder problem/ compression, is what I mean. A hot plug or lean oroblem can melt a hole in piston. Worse case scenario, but it sounds like you are working out most other possibilities. How cold is it there? Mine had lots of trouble starting in 40 degrees. Does the kick feel like there's plenty of compression? And it kicks free with plug out? Is the kicker worn to where its hard to get the full hard kick?
I have had trouble finding spark, by the sight method, when looking for it with lights on. You can remove plug and put the cap on it, so the engine spins free, but always use a plug, or it may cause damage to ignition. Usually any spark, is a good one. Not always, but thats what makes that kinda problem hard to find.

Offline tharden

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2009, 01:37:22 AM »
You really are having a problem out of this bike.  What I would do now is a vacuum and pressure test on the engine.  Your seals should not have any gas "even if it is severally flooding" go past them.  Crankcase pressure is a two cycle's life line. 

cass

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 08:12:45 AM »
hey guy`s just thought i would let yous know got bike going now! their was a little pin hole in cdi were it bolts to frame and the cdi was full of water, got a hair drier on to it, dryed it out and it started first kick  !  back shock is away for rebuild now, then  i can go racing! thanks for all the helpfull posts cheer`s

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 09:07:55 AM »
    Jinkies! 
 Thanks for posting up the fix Cass, something to store in the old memory bank...
Cheers!
  Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"