Author Topic: pc platinum 1 or 2 final answer  (Read 9378 times)

Offline dnmac1999

Re: pc platinum 1 or 2 final answer
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 04:48:37 AM »
Hey bigbellybob, I bought that Dyno-port off stewart. It is the mid-top end pipe.

Offline bigbellybob

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 05:10:08 AM »
im sorry but what info did Stewart give us? the dynoport pipe he tested was down 5hp, OK i believe him but with out knowing which one of the 2 pipes dynoport offers was down 5hp is worthless info.

and the fact that he likes the pc 2 with out telling us why is useless too.

i think he is saying that the k5 likes a longer section before the divergent cone section but that's not very clear. how much dose it like, how much more dose the pc 2 have over the pc platinum or other pipes? non of his info helps me decide if one pipe favors the mid and upper rmp range over  another pipe. and if he is saying that the pc 2 is better for mid/top why would pro circuit have this in the description of the pc 2.
quot from pc web site
The Platinum 2 pipe was made for people who ride or race off-road. Constructed from heavy-duty 18- gauge metal, it offers increased protection from rock or crash damage. Like the Platinum and Works pipe, the Platinum 2 offers incredible performance with substantial power gains in the low and mid range part of the powerband.
to me this sound like the pipe was designed for low to mid power not mid to top. maybe the dyno showed something different but i have not heard Stewart say that the pc 2 works better in the mid upper RPM than the other pipes, just that he like it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 05:12:33 AM by bigbellybob »
IF RIDING IS OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL RIDE

sponsor
http://www.steelmx.com/

Offline bigbellybob

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 05:11:04 AM »
Hey bigbellybob, I bought that Dyno-port off stewart. It is the mid-top end pipe.
thank you.

sponsor

Offline k5for-life

• its not what you ride its that you ride thats all
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 06:35:37 AM »
ok guy not to ruin your day but to all of the k5 riders in canada no one can et PC pipes for the k5 the only pipe we can get in canada is the FMF GNARLY thats all we can get
in thee begining man become of the dirt and in thee end he shall return to the dirt in the mean time we shall give him a kx500 and the dirt shall be his play ground

stewart

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2009, 12:30:12 AM »
the dyno port pipe that i sold to dynamac  1999  was down  5 hp at 7000  rpm over the pc 2 pipe  ,,i have not tested any other dyno port  pipes  ,,,it looked to be around 3 inchs shorter in its primary tube  ,,the dyno port pipedid not exceed the  pc 2 any where else in the power band ,,, bob  but  theres no reason for your  words like useless info,,,  i dont type very well   and i have been very busy,,and if you would have ask would have in time been able to reply
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 06:29:23 AM by stewart »

stewart

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2009, 12:36:55 AM »
im sorry but what info did Stewart give us? the dynoport pipe he tested was down 5hp, OK i believe him but with out knowing which one of the 2 pipes dynoport offers was down 5hp is worthless info.

i think he is saying that the k5 likes a longer section before the divergent cone section but that's not very clear. how much dose it like, how much more dose the pc 2 have over the pc platinum or other pipes? non of his info helps me decide if one pipe favors the mid and upper rmp range over  another pipe. and if he is saying that the pc 2 is better for mid/top why would pro circuit have this in the description of the pc 2.
quot from pc web site
The Platinum 2 pipe was made for people who ride or race off-road. Constructed from heavy-duty 18- gauge metal, it offers increased protection from rock or crash damage. Like the Platinum and Works pipe, the Platinum 2 offers incredible performance with substantial power gains in the low and mid range part of the powerband.
to me this sound like the pipe was designed for low to mid power not mid to top. maybe the dyno showed something different but i have not heard Stewart say that the pc 2 works better in the mid upper RPM than the other pipes, just that he like it.
if this answer does not suit your needs let  me know  i was not intending to give any one useless  info bob

Offline dnmac1999

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2009, 03:39:32 AM »
Stewart is like a dictionary when it comes to the k5. Just ask him any ? and he has the answer. He is busy and has always made time for any ? i had. I just had to ask, in my opinion he did answer the ? that was originally asked in this thread. Some people just want more i guess.

Offline bigbellybob

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2009, 04:29:31 AM »
maybe i came across as a but head and im sorry, i was just trying to dig up more info. the info that was posted seemed more like personal opinion, with no supporting facts. perhaps useless was a little extreme a term to use. Stewart please don't take offence to my post. i am not good at typing or spelling or grammar. some times its hard to ask the questions in my head because i cant put them in to words. i just wanted the info that brought you to like the pc 2.

sponsor

stewart

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2009, 05:10:38 AM »
maybe i came across as a but head and im sorry, i was just trying to dig up more info. the info that was posted seemed more like personal opinion, with no supporting facts. perhaps useless was a little extreme a term to use. Stewart please don't take offence to my post. i am not good at typing or spelling or grammar. some times its hard to ask the questions in my head because i cant put them in to words. i just wanted the info that brought you to like the pc 2.
no problem here,,, its sometimes hard on a key pad to not be properly heard when it seams like a short answer ,,added with my poor spelling and typing ,,and thats true it was my opnion  based on dyno time and riding the stuff,, i would be glad to test any pipe dyno port or other wise ,,lets all learn
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 06:28:49 AM by stewart »

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2009, 01:10:38 AM »
you can type jibberish for me stewart, your research is bang on.
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline BDI

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 10:10:03 AM »

i think he is saying that the k5 likes a longer section before the divergent cone section but that's not very clear. how much dose it like, how much more dose the pc 2 have over the pc platinum or other pipes? non of his info helps me decide if one pipe favors the mid and upper rmp range over  another pipe. and if he is saying that the pc 2 is better for mid/top why would pro circuit have this in the description of the pc 2.
quot from pc web site
Bob, Stewart does not go by what other people think about stuff. He dyno's the hell out of stuff and tells the facts about what he has learned with the wrecking wheel. I know you are very smart but I also know you haven't dynoed anything. If you had a chrome part that you swore made the K-5 faster Stewart would dyno the chrome off of it. When he was done he would be able to tell you if triple dip chrome was faster then plain old nickel. See you at the hill bob :-D bring your beer and don't shake it up this time. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 10:15:00 AM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline slow600

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 10:43:45 AM »
pc 2/r304 combo made a noticable increase on my 00 although nothing compared to switching from rad valve to vforce :-D my only complaint is the pipe did not fit as well as the stock or the fmf. guess you cant have it all right.

Offline k5abuser

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 02:47:00 PM »

ck this video with the pc2 pipe we like because they make the most hp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJLcfqZobw4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH8CK55_ysE
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 02:48:54 PM by k5abuser »
race gas is fast but Q16 hauls azz.i still ride because i am not ready to have been that fast. i ride a kx500 because they don't make a kx600!ck k5abuser on youtube

Offline 3Razors

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 09:26:55 PM »
So what was the conclusion on the difference between PC1 and PC2 pipe for the K5?  What part of the powerband is each better for?

Offline crazyolbastard

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2010, 12:16:58 PM »
pc1= more top end
pc2= more mid to top
if I am correct
hope this helps.
Crazy Ol Bastard