Author Topic: K5 engine work?  (Read 4137 times)

Offline flyin9

K5 engine work?
« on: October 08, 2008, 08:09:59 AM »
hey guys,

im just looking for some opinions on engine builders that do good work on K5's. i run winged outlaw karts, i have several k5's and looking to get one built up with a lot for mid range and top end. thanks for the help im open to any sugestions
jared

Offline flyin9

Re: K5 engine work?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 08:13:31 AM »
im looking to send one out and get it back before christmas. that is my time range

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 10:20:29 AM »
 Search   "Stewart"  on this sight and shoot him a P.M.   
           \o/ Tuck
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 11:59:27 AM »
I send my stuff to ThomasRacingService. I'm pretty much stock, but they will build to suit. Its the old saying speed costs money, how fast do you want to go? They are more than capable of turning out the rebuilds by Christmas and work on a range from Pro bikes,drag bikes/ drag quads amatuer racing and leisure bikes, single cylinder to multi-cylinder, even dual engines.
  the Kawasaki-xpert is Dan Watson, father/mechanic for "Super" Dave Watson a very well known, pro rider. He is very smart when it comes to getting fixed on time or going fast on the kx's. Thomas is an expert on multi cylinder nitro bikes.
 I am currently leaning to checking out Stewart and his R&D. I seriously think, for what I know, if its about getting the most out of your engine without going too far or guessing at mod combos, Stewart is the guy to spend fast money with. Not sure of cost, but what is the highest priority, price, turnaround, or results?

stewart

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 01:40:04 PM »
thanks for the nice words ..i have got my  parts built up so everyting is in stock ,, times 2 or3 including fresh max power cylinders  ..pistons with mods  ..etc  plus a ever  deeper suppliy of core  late k5 moters  ,,ive been working at getting ahead on that stuff  ...  so my turn around was only 3 weeks for  the moter that set the 3 land speed records for mark ,,mdw471..thanks stewart

Offline k5abuser

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 02:36:02 PM »
for a few of the new ones on here i work with stewart .i worked for kawasaki and suzuki 1986 to 1991 and then an independent shop for 2 more years .  there are a few other post that you can ck out . the post called stewart  and worlds fastest dirt bike would be a good place to start . the dependabilty is not a problem . i have been riding all three bikes and i don't take it easy on them . i have yet to find a flaw or weak part any were on the bike or in the motor . well the front brakes wear out a little to fast at times and a rear tire can wear out in 2 rides .so if you need more info just ask . but if you send your motor for stewart's mod's you want go wrong and you will love  the ride you get . we would not offer this service if we could not count on them at any and all time's.if you could see some of the things that we work on you would droll and ask why do we mess with these bikes . its because we love to ride dirt and go FAST.  looking forward to doing work for everyone wanting to go fast or just to have their motor gone thur to get rid of any problem they might have . thank you for your questions!!
race gas is fast but Q16 hauls azz.i still ride because i am not ready to have been that fast. i ride a kx500 because they don't make a kx600!ck k5abuser on youtube

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 03:22:39 PM »
 K5abuser,
  I have a few Questions,
 Where abouts are you all located and what would be the best way to contact you?

Would there be any problems with engines of a different flavor?

And how can I buy some stock in the Company, the kind of quality and workmanship I see in the previous posts is like nasa stuff and honesty and integrity are even more rare than  unobtanium these days. 

I apologize for thread drifting... But inquiring minds want to know. 8-)

Tuck \o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

stewart

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 12:26:56 AM »
K5abuser,
  I have a few Questions,
 Where abouts are you all located and what would be the best way to contact you?

Would there be any problems with engines of a different flavor?

And how can I buy some stock in the Company, the kind of quality and workmanship I see in the previous posts is like nasa stuff and honesty and integrity are even more rare than  unobtanium these days. 

I apologize for thread drifting... But inquiring minds want to know. 8-)

Tuck \o/
joplin missouri,,,   no stock here ...  kx 500 only     ....thanks  for asking   stewart

Offline flyin9

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 06:38:48 AM »
thanks for your help guys!

stewart

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 12:57:32 PM »
flyn 9 picked up his motor,,,a few weeks ago he was a nice guy and great to deal with   

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 01:53:50 PM »
Flyin9,

Feedback???? How does the Stewart K5 motor work in the Kart? Enough Mid-Range?
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline flyin9

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 12:24:19 PM »
hey guys, sorry i didnt get any feedback sooner, the engine ran great! super mid range, the track we ran at we were WFO most of the time. with that said the kart on the otherhand went upside down and over a few times in the second practice session, which made the handle the rest of the racing for the weekend poor at best. i still managed a 11th place finish after starting 18th in the feature. ill try to get some pics up sometime soon here and im trying to track down some youtube videos. thanks again for all of the help stewart.

Jared Goerges, Brainerd MN

Offline dnmac1999

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 01:47:15 PM »
Ya, pics and videos please!