Author Topic: zipty pipe  (Read 10730 times)

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
Re: zipty pipe
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 02:34:37 AM »
If ur gettin whipped by four strokes and 250F's somethin is wildly amiss. the fmf pipe your running is, I think, a desert and should provide silly top end power.Pull it down before something expensive goes bang would be my advice. love it and it'll love you back.......
                RIGHT UNTIL IT BITES YA! :evil:
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline BDI

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 03:32:42 AM »
the fmf pipe pictured runs outside the frame like standard.the af requires it to run inside the subframe. is this the only desert pipe fmf sell ? i ask this as the length and cone shape look similar to my gnarly torque.
          I NEED A TOP END PIPE REAL BAD!
anyone.....
The big difference is one runs under the air box and one runs over the air box. If fmf could still have that pipe stamped out all they would have to do is turn down the last cone so that is would run under the air box like my buddy that owned flow did to make the zip-ty pipe work on my KX250/500. The more I look at that pipe,the more I think it is the zip-ty pipe with one stamping that says fmf. I talked to my buddy the other day,He closed down flow do to the aconomy and also do to the fact that he could no longer pay the storage on the stamps they have been destroyed ,gone forever. If you want a top end pipe stay away from the fmf pipes. Go PC  platinum two.
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline sintax

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 03:57:17 AM »
is your buddy Randy B.?

Offline BDI

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 04:12:20 AM »
YEP
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 11:36:50 PM »
BDI,
    On the pc website, it implies that the platinum is a 'moto x' pipe, and the platinum 2 is more of a woods pipe. Is this the wrong way round? I am assuming by motox they mean a top end pipe. Any clues you can give would help a lot, as i just want to buy the best top end pipe first time, as shipping to england takes a while and I dont want to have to wait twice. Thanks.....
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 02:29:18 AM »
E mailed P.C. and they say platinum gives more top than plat 2. Why is nothing ever simple?