Author Topic: Larger powervalve cover  (Read 1616 times)

Motorrad

Larger powervalve cover
« on: December 05, 2008, 12:38:32 AM »
I know its for a honda... doesnt mean we cant make one...  Curious how it actually works?  Related to crank case volume somehow?

http://www.boyesen.com/cwo.php?store=boyesen&vehicle_id=41&parent_category_id=52&category_id=18&product_id=1798

stewart

Re: Larger powervalve cover
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 12:52:17 AM »
kx resonat  chamber is in front off cylinder head  i think its already preety good size

Offline don46

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 02:55:44 AM »
those used to be a big thing on the 250's, haven't really heard much about them in recent years.
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline Dutch-K5 Fan

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 06:06:23 AM »
Honda used ATAC valve in the early 80's. Its a chamber in the exhaust port of the cilinder.
It changes the volume of the exhaust, it's a bit like chancing your exhaust pipe wile riding.
The exhaust gasses leeks true the HPP or Kips into the space were the valves are.
So the powervalve cover changes the exhaust volume a bit like the old ATAC. Greg Albertijn used it in 99/2000 or so
on his suzuki for more bottom end power. 10 or 12 mm spacer or bigger valve cover.

dutchie

Proud owner of a KX500AF

Offline bigbellybob

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 07:00:14 AM »
ktm used a chamber like this too. my 1997 ktm 250 did not have it but after killing the cylinder i updated to the 1998 cylinder that did have the chamber. i did not notice a change at all. then again it was always WFO so the chamber was always closed. my currant ride has the chamber too. moose sells a block off that i would like to try one day to see if there is any difference in the power curve. i think ktm calls it a torque chamber. the chambers change the tuning of the exhaust but im thinking its a very small change.
IF RIDING IS OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL RIDE

sponsor
http://www.steelmx.com/