Author Topic: wheres the rush?  (Read 5344 times)

Offline slow600

Re: wheres the rush?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 10:24:17 AM »
found out today that kips opens smoothly with bike running. guess that leaves jetting.....which is no fun at all especially when its cold out.

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 01:35:15 PM »
and it is opening fully?? Did you check the center valve for play??  :roll:
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline slow600

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 02:31:04 PM »
it did open all the way with a healthy rev. i didnt feel any excessive play in it at all. pulled carb to verify jets, im currently running 168/58. how does that sound for approx 1300ft elevation? im debating whether to keep messing with it or wait till i purchase the new pipe/silencer and reeds.

Offline newp500

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 02:38:58 AM »
Make sure to check your float height. I had the same problem with a dead top end and it was the float height. A new float needle and I was good to go. Jetting was much easier after the change.

Offline slow600

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 12:04:31 PM »
ill check float height when i get the carb back on. i went ahead and bumped down to 165 main and put on new vent lines tonight.

Offline GDubb

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 12:28:19 PM »
I would do the floats while the carb is out of the bike and there is no point in messing with the jetting at all until you make sure the floats are good. If the floats were off when you change the jetting then once you fix the floats your jetting will be off.

-G
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

Offline slow600

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 01:31:35 PM »
i actually checked with it off after reading a method about holding carb on its side with the bowl off. it seemed to be right on. the tip on the needle looked good. i actually found a box that came with the bike with a bunch of carb parts in it, making me think it hadnt been too long since a rebuild.