Author Topic: bike on dyno  (Read 6333 times)

stewart

bike on dyno
« on: July 02, 2007, 08:53:30 AM »
heres my dyno bike on dynomite dyno
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 12:54:19 PM by stewart »

Offline alan

• Administrator
Re: bike on dyno
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 11:05:27 AM »
d**n Stewart just like the real guys! So what does it say about your KX5?

Alan :-D :-D
Sand - Dirt - Dunes = Fun
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

Offline mg82

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 11:27:24 AM »
man that would be a nice tool to have in the  garage.

stewart

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 01:46:42 PM »
it says...... hold on tight to your dreams..  or you are giong to get road rash
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 02:14:07 PM by stewart »

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 05:17:48 PM »
 Well, if there's any indication of the "Run",  see the operator in the second photo.
(Hand on forehead in disbelief) 
 Great Scott  :-o..!  Stewart-come Here! (Third Photo)  She won't Hold up much longer...!!
   :lol:
 Tuck \o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

stewart

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 05:55:24 PM »
i am not in the pics i was taking them   thats arnie in black shirt he race nitro drag bikes in 60s and 70s and up til a couple years ago raceddrag bikes.....  ps thats mg 82s moter in my 2001 bike i am trying to make haul
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 05:58:34 PM by stewart »

Offline doordie

• Global Moderator
  • Do or Die.....
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 12:06:07 AM »
Steward,do you know what gain in friction a 17" 160/60 "sticky" supermoto tire compered to your street (hard)tire of maybe 19" 110/90 does? :|
(My friend and I measure our bikes with SM-tires only). :wink:

Iceroad champion 2006,still 2007,even 2008 without a single race!

stewart

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 01:56:22 PM »
back to the dyno  ,,,,,,stewart

Offline k5abuser

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 02:06:25 PM »
i was there at the wheel of dome when this pic was taken . the bike goes from 42 mph to 98 mph in under 4 sec. with a 225 lb rider and the bike is straped down in high gear . rubber smoke coming off the back tire. stwart has made 400 dyno pulls with his bikes and they are all still alive even after we test ride and torture them . and we are talking over 300 gallans race fuel plus ran thur the bikes.
race gas is fast but Q16 hauls azz.i still ride because i am not ready to have been that fast. i ride a kx500 because they don't make a kx600!ck k5abuser on youtube

Offline 4stroker

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 12:31:01 PM »
i know you said its a dyno jet, but the dyno is branded dynomite.  im assuming its the inertia only model which is similar to a dyno jet?

is this the dyno you still use stewart?

how do you think it compares to say an electric retarder dyno such as a dyno dynamics DS450?

thanks, mark
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 12:38:23 PM by 4stroker »

stewart

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 01:00:29 PM »
i changed  it to say dynomite .i thought  the dynodynamics was nice i have only been around them for cars.. probley both have there strong pionts
DYNO mite Motorcycle / ATV Dynamometer

Home
Back (up)
Catalog (request)
Contact us
Contents
Other Dynos
Search
-------------------------------
Accessories
Dyno Tech Talk
Pricing
Specifications
Who Owns One

Land & Sea

(603) 226-DYNO
Click to dynamometer prices.Land & Sea?s DYNOmite Motorcycle and ATV Dynamometers combine sophisticated data-acquisition electronics with DYNO-MAX 2000? software for affordable (inertial + steady state) horsepower testing. It?s like getting two dynos in one.
??Seat of the pants? tuning is hopeless! Rolling road dyno testing is the only way to evaluate repairs and modifications on super high-tech bikes? without leaving the garage.?

Click to chassis dynamometer SPECIFICATIONS page.

ATVs, Bikes, PWCs, Sleds,
...up to four dynos in one!

Standard Motorcycle/ATV Dynos include: 16" diameter x 50" wide medium inertia roll assembly - with our machined-in ?traction grooves,? quick-adjust wheelbase front mount, dual roll-on ramps, tie downs, casters, roller guards, 9" toroidal flow water brake absorber (with a step-up drive), full-bridge torque arm transducer, electronic Auto-Load control servo, DYNOmite data-acquisition computer, DYNO-MAX software, inductive RPM pick-up, AC power supply/recharger, stainless braided hoses, and data wiring harness. (Optional eddy current absorbers and trailering packages are also available.)

Click to enlarge motorcycle only dynamometer.Low-cost ?Lite? Motorcycle (only) Dyno includes: 16" diameter x 25" wide medium inertia roll and heavy-duty welded frame assembly ? with machined-in ?traction grooves,? quick-adjust wheelbase front mount, roll-on ramp, motorcycle tie-downs, DYNOmite-Lite data-acquisition computer, DYNO-MAX ?Lite? software, an AC power supply/recharger, and data wiring harness.

Click to data acquisition software page.DYNO-MAX 2000? Software option creates a full vehicle dashboard on your PC. Features include: real-time trace graph display, adjustable visual and audible limit warnings, operator configurable analog and digital gauge ranges, pushbutton controls, color graphing, test report database, inertia compensation, ?Smart Record?? trigger points, adjustable real-time data dampening, data import/export, semi-automatic torque zeroing, voice alarms, instant playback, etc. (Click for full list of features.)

Click to enlarge motorcycle & ATV dynamometer.DYNOmite data-acquisition computer automatically displays and records true horsepower, torque, RPM, elapsed time, MPH, etc. at up to 1,000 readings per second (per channel). It will also apply Standard, SAE, or DIN atmospheric correction factors for air temperature, barometric pressure, and humidity conditions.

Click to enlarge front wheel stop.Forget ?flash acceleration smoke shows?! Absorption DYNOmites display honest unlimited Hp using a strain gauge torque transducer. Testing under a controlled road load is vital for correct injection system mapping. By comparison, inertia-only dynos simply spin the tires up against a roll?s ?flywheel resistance? ? similar to estimating Hp from a drag-strip MPH. Beware of brands that have no option to maintain a MPH and RPM setting or cannot compute and display true Hp and torque in real time!

Click to enlarge motorcycle drag racing dynamometer.Cruising and top end Hp can only be handled by testing on a true absorption dynamometer (like the DYNOmite). Unlike ?acceleration spurt? inertial dynos, they can maintain any MPH indefinitely.* The unit?s absorber allows running both controlled step RPM tests and realistic rate sweeps of the Hp band. This picks up longer term problems often missed during short power bursts. Because everything is done under computer control, via the included electronic Auto-Load control, tests are easily handled by a single mechanic.

Click to enlarge Harley on DYNO-mite Dynamometer.Simulate road and track conditions on your chassis dyno by letting DYNO-MAX and your PC take control. DYNO-MAX features a ?Road Load Simulation? mode that simulates vehicle momentum, air drag, rolling friction, etc. Enter the vehicle?s weight (with driver) and drag data to let this software monitor MPH vs. applied Hp, and apply the appropriate ?road load? accordingly. To the drive-line and operator, the ?feel? is like actually driving along the highway.

Click to toggle MAGNIFIED view of image.Dynamically balanced roll with machined-in ?traction grooves? limits vibration and tire heating. Test bikes to 200 MPH and 500+ Hp** on the standard DYNOmite Motorcycle/ATV dyno system. (**Capacities are primarily traction dependent, so even more low speed rear-wheel torque can be applied with tie downs.)

Fix drive-line problems that never seem to show up until you and the bike are many miles from the shop. Dyno testing will help you avoid a long hike home someday!

Click to enlarge exhaust gas analyzer.Test emissions under load using your existing (or our optional DYNOmite 5-gas fully digitally integrated) exhaust analyzer. The proper emission testing procedures require repeatable absorber load control, impossible on simplistic inertia-only dynos. No more trying to use your analyzer or AFR module during unloaded idle operation to try and verify that repaired cycles are in emission compliance. Send your customers for state inspections with confidence.

Rapid on-off set-up makes it very practical to test many different model motorcycles and ATVs back to back (without doing time consuming road trips). Roll the machine on, strap it down, clamp on the inductive tach lead, and test! When you are done, a full color report can print out - automatically.

Reduce troubleshooting time by dyno testing. Besides saving on labor costs, you will avoid embarrassing comebacks and irate ?Monday morning? customers.

Avoid hazardous road tests checking out performance modifications. Instead, evaluate things like exhaust or fuel curve changes by quickly plotting full Hp graphs. Plus, an absorber equipped DYNOmite?s ability to hold any RPM turns mapping fuel injection, or spark curves, into ?child?s play.?

Click to enlarge motorcycle engine dynamometer.Enhance credibility by giving your salespeople ?inside info? that they can then back up ? with a quick tour of your dyno cell and printed dyno sheets. Customers want to buy from shops that can demonstrate that they have ?the right stuff.?

Click to enlarge Hooters dyno testing.So easy to install you you can have your DYNOmite up and running the day it arrives. You may even roll it out into the driveway for testing. Casters let you roll it into a corner when you are done. Or, add the ?Trailering Package? (includes tires, hitch, and lights) for hauling the dyno to the races. (Engine-only dynamometers are also available ? call.)

Build customer traffic with ?Dyno Days? held during open-house events. Just displaying the dynamometer in your shop helps your salespeople close new bike deals.

Make money selling dyno services. Unlike paying for repair labor services, the same customers willingly purchase dyno time to get that full printed report. Selling dyno testing packages, to just one bike or ATV a day, pays  off your DYNOmite in a few months!
Free DYNO-MAX 2000? "Pro" Demo Tour

DYNO-MAX engine dynamometer and chassis dyno software

Free DYNO-MAX 2000 "Pro+" Multimedia Demo Tour... shows how our optional software turns any PC or Laptop into a dynamometer console! Demonstrates real-time engine displays and controls, Formula Editor, graphing of multiple pulls, and Smart Print? engine report generation. Either download this interactive demo online, or call and we will mail it to you on CD-ROM.
DYNO-mite dynamometer

For DYNO-mite dynamometer technical assistance - telephone or e-mail: sales@land-and-sea.com
? 01 Nov 2008 Land & Sea, Inc. 25 Henniker Street; Concord, NH 03301-8528 USA   +1-603-226-DYNO

land and sealand and seaHome Back (up) Contents Search

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 01:08:54 PM by stewart »

Offline k5abuser

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 02:49:10 PM »
d**n Stewart just like the real guys! So what does it say about your KX5?

Alan :-D :-D
alan it takes three of to put the k5 on the dyno because it fights . "dyno"ouch it hurts get of me says the dyno  :lol: :lol: :lol:
race gas is fast but Q16 hauls azz.i still ride because i am not ready to have been that fast. i ride a kx500 because they don't make a kx600!ck k5abuser on youtube

Offline Good

• Yo.
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 02:52:16 AM »
Put a skull on it and call it the Punisher!  :mrgreen:

Offline GDubb

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 07:55:01 AM »
A BDI Skull  8-)

-G
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -