Author Topic: Hard to find Nuetral  (Read 3033 times)

kawdude

Hard to find Nuetral
« on: October 15, 2003, 02:42:13 PM »
I've noticed lately that neutral is becoming increasing hard to find.  What's causing this?  Bent\worn fork???
Thanks!!!

teamgreen500

Hard to find Nuetral
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 05:57:14 AM »
I have to ask:

Is your clutch "Dragging"?
or
Is your motor pretty old and worn?

Manny

kawdude

Hard to find Nuetral
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 10:34:23 AM »
Clutch assembly is brand new with hinson components.  This is a 94 and I would say the motor is wore.

kawdude

Hard to find Nuetral
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2003, 05:31:18 PM »
ANy suggestions???

mikesmith

Hard to find Nuetral
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2003, 09:19:21 AM »
Does the clutch cable have enough free play,and did you soak the new plates in tranny fluid before installing them?

kawdude

Hard to find Nuetral
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2003, 10:32:39 AM »
Clutch has the correct freeplay.  I mis-spoke regarding the clutch.  I did not replace the disks or the friction plates.

mikesmith

Hard to find Nuetral
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2003, 08:21:47 AM »
If you replaced the clutch basket was it because it was notched,or did you just want to up grade to a Hinson?My point is did you start having problems after or before changing clutch baskets?Maybe you do need a clutch,stock uses aluminum plates and they dont last as long as steel and can warp(depends on your riding style,I still have aluminum plates with no problems).I have a hard time finding neutral while moving as compared to stopping to find it,is this all times that it happens,moving or stopped?If its not your clutch its probally the shift fork.Some claim the type/brand of trans fuid helps shiftting,but if you didnt have the problem before running the same fluid that wont probally wont help much.