Author Topic: NO TIMING MARKS ON KIPS  (Read 2274 times)

Offline wreck-n-roll rik

NO TIMING MARKS ON KIPS
« on: September 06, 2008, 12:07:03 PM »
have the bike a part and cleaned ready together buit there are no timing marks, paint or offset like showme in manual and other links here.  What other method can I use so I know I'm set?   :?

Offline fluffy

Re: NO TIMING MARKS ON KIPS
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 01:09:54 PM »
go to www.hallbergs.net/kx500/ this was posted by john in 2005,under top end rebuild. i read this page over and over,had your same problem. i put it together so many times dry it aint funny. when it was time for real,no problem. i fully understand how kips goes together.great page.

Offline wreck-n-roll rik

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 02:40:41 AM »
I did the same thing - over and over, and then had my laptop next to me as I did the job.  I got the bik together yesterday and it fired up on the 3rd kick.  Still have the surging when I drop off the gas.  It's in my mid rang so I'm going to drop the piolit jet from a 60 to a 58 - 55.  I also found 2 small crack in my pipe, 1  at the 1st mount below the cylinder and the other just before the silicer.  Both can cause surging/poping (not pining).  So that will be next thing to get fixed asap.   :evil:

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 04:14:15 AM »
I asked John for permission to copy the topend rebuild to KXRiders.   He said yes.  He, like most of us, does not have alot of time right now.  Said he could send it to me in a way that is easy to add to the site.  I'll keep you guys posted.  For now the link fluffy posted  http://www.hallbergs.net/kx500/
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 04:15:49 AM by Danger4u2 »
KX 500 Rider