Author Topic: Today = Gripper Seat Cover + IMS "Pro Series" pegs.  (Read 1766 times)

Offline TheGDog

Today = Gripper Seat Cover + IMS "Pro Series" pegs.
« on: August 31, 2008, 05:32:08 PM »
Gripper Seat cover installation... meh... dang it... left some wrinkles at the gas tank junction  :oops:

IMS "Pro series" pegs installation... lil tricky on the Rear brake side.  There is a definite order to the "sequence of events" when it comes to putting it back on.  You HAVE to take off the Rear Brake lever pedal.. and disconnect that pedal from the Hydro cylinder too.

Now that the IMS pegs are on... they DEFINITELY are a BIG improvement... HOWEVER...

The rear-brake side appear to NOT be able to fold-up completely like it should because the back side of the peg cleats jabs into the rear brake lever.

Also.. the kick-starter lever CAN seriously jab into the peg cleats at bottom of swing. I'll have to learn to ever-so-slightly modify my kick stroke technique to prevent myself from breaking the lever off over time.

That having been said... can't wait to have the opportunity to see how much nicer these new foot pegs feel under real conditions.

SIGH... gotta 'nother 3 months or more for that though... (Sheesh!)

P.S.  The Pneumatic Stapler/Brad nailer is your friend!
'97 PC800 + '96 KX 500 + '90 KDX 200 + 2000 XR50R (for the lil guy!)

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
Re: Today = Gripper Seat Cover + IMS "Pro Series" pegs.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 09:34:26 AM »
Those pegs are nice. Stay away from the IMS super stock pegs, though. Stock springs won't work with them without some mods. I had the same problem with mine. Easy fix is to file teeth that are closest to frame. That way kicker hits flat instead of points. Also look at where the peg folds up and hits the frame. File those off to keep from damaging frame. Boots will never know the difference as you are not able to stand on the inner most teeth anyway. I think its just a matter of powder coating taking up some tolerances that hold the pedal up a little. Mine was fine after a ride.

Offline TheGDog

Re: Today = Gripper Seat Cover + IMS "Pro Series" pegs.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 05:17:20 PM »
Hmmm... thanks for the tip of the filing.  That makes logical sense. "I don' crrrr"  'bout them inner ones... it's those bad boys way out at the new wider edge that are gonna keep me connected.

Meh... hopefully the filing doesn't cause it to rust too much.. but then again it will have boot rubbing on its surface every ride to shiny it back again anyway.

Thanks man.
'97 PC800 + '96 KX 500 + '90 KDX 200 + 2000 XR50R (for the lil guy!)