Author Topic: New in North Carolina MY FIRST BIKE LOL CRAZY  (Read 1775 times)

Offline mysnykkx500

New in North Carolina MY FIRST BIKE LOL CRAZY
« on: August 16, 2008, 10:13:00 AM »
Hello name is tim got a 91 kx 500 in trade cost me about $500 dollars..  Rode for about six months noticed I was losin compression so the motor went to the shop for a complete overhaul top and bottom end.. Bought some brand new black rims and tires $698 all new bearings front rear tire, steering stem, swing arm and shock linkage, shipping off rear shock for rebuild on monday, new front fork seals and oil, thinkin about powdercoating the frame, swingarm and subframe black?? Don't know how it will look with my rims?? so far my $500 bike has got up to about $2700 but its still cheaper than a new one and at least when I ride I know everthing is a-ok   :-D

OH THIS IS ALSO MY FIRST BIKE CRAZY HUH :-o
Tim

jazg

Re: New in North Carolina MY FIRST BIKE LOL CRAZY
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 09:19:56 PM »
check out   http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,4392.0.html

that should give you a good idea of what you'l be looking at!
Going big for your first bike i see! :-D

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 02:29:26 AM »
 I have always heard the saying, "go big or go home".  It looks like you get to stay.
 Welcome to the site. John
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline mysnykkx500

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 01:14:24 PM »
Yeah I've always been a fan of going BIG.. Every time I go to the parts store harold say's "I'm surprised you're not hurt yet  " or " you ready to sell that thing yet"lol It has taken some getting used to I sure am glad my power valve was clogged I cannot imagine what  a beast it is going to be now...Slow and steady if possible.............yeah right I'll probly be back in the hospitol; not a slow bone in my body  lol
Tim