Author Topic: dumb question here.  (Read 1849 times)

Offline kiwimonster

dumb question here.
« on: July 31, 2008, 06:53:36 PM »
to check if my stator coil marks are in the right place do i have to remove the fly wheel . my k5 was a jap inport that had beensupermotarded, so would like to check if its in the middle mark.  sorry if its a dumb question guys. doesnt seem to have the same bottom punch, cheers guys :mrgreen: :-P :
d c scrivens

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
Re: dumb question here.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 08:04:17 AM »
No need to remove the flywheel to check the timing marks, but I think you will need to remove the flywheel to get to the stator mounting bolts.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 09:47:42 AM »
It seems like the marks are covered by the mounting screws on mine. I think you will have to pull the flywheel. Takes an impact to remove nut and a flywheel puller for the removal. Stator is mounted by big #3 phillips heads. Tip: Make your own mark across the stator and case to be sure it is clear where it was before removing the screws. Probably an unecessary check-out. If it is retarded to the point of no bottom, then you have more top. Mine is reatrded that way and still has alot of power on bottom. I'm guessin' there's somethin else goin on. If it runs well, maybe just a gearing issue. 

Offline kiwimonster

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 07:11:44 PM »
found the damm kips are over rotating sticking in the exhuast outlet buy about 5 mils each side guess the bolt mod will have to be done. i love this web site.
d c scrivens