Maintenance & Technical > KX500 Original

REVLOC auto clutch Q&A from Dustin at Revloc

<< < (2/3) > >>

KXcam22:
WRX,
  Revlocs are cool.  I don't own one but have ridden a friends bike with one quite a bit.  Here is my opinion on them:

The bike I have tested it in is a 2002 KTM300.  The clutch works great and it makes riding through impossible areas far easier than you can imagine.  My friend who owns the bike rides faster with it.  No you can't bump start your bike but then on my K5 I can't anyway unless it is time for a new top end.  After saying all that however, I can't see myself ever owning one. I like a clutch and the ability to modulate the control of it.  Also I am blessed with a clutch hand that does everything on its own without even thinking about it.  There is more clutch wear so be prepared to change oil frequently.   What I notice happening is that it works so well that you tend to torque through difficult sections a few gears too high (get lazy) so the clutch always slipping, more so than in normal operation.  It not for me, but the revloc clutch does work very, very well. 

ben:
WRXBRUMBY,

> even with the abrupt nature of the kx500 power delivery how was the slippage b4 lock up in the tight stuff, did it soften this trait?

As Cam said, it makes riding through impossible areas far easier than you can imagine.  The auto-clutch does smooth out the KX500 power delivery, and there is less wheel spin.  I also run a Steahly flywheel weight.   

> What gearing were you running?

I am running 14/49.

> And were you able to do 2nd gear tech hill climbs with enough tractable power on tap?

The power is always on tap.  You do need to make sure you are in the right gear though - you need to remember to shift once in a while or you find yourself in too high of a gear with the clutch slipping!  With the auto-clutch you can concentrate on line choice and the bike will just keep chugging away.

--Ben

WRXBRUMBY:
ben

could you compare the power delivery with any other bike?eg big bore 4 stroke. cause ive hopped off a te 610, loved the bottom end delivery, nice proportional  wheel spin in relation to the throttle position. where as my k5 once it starts spinning it goes straight into band. i either hang on and hope for the best or i have to back off hard and be a little jerky. i know in time i will learn the power delivery but for the moment i want to just ease myself into the k5. so i would like to hear from you in regards to throttle position vs wheel spin with the weight and the clutch.

which one did you do first?and what helped the most, clutch or weight for power delivery?

cheers

marc:
Does anyone know what Revloc's email is

gwcrim:
Take a look here:  http://www.revloc.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version