Author Topic: HOW TO EASILY START A KX500  (Read 3616 times)

Offline 98kaw5oo

HOW TO EASILY START A KX500
« on: July 28, 2008, 05:14:04 AM »
im sure a lot of you know already but i just finally installed my steahly 14oz.flywheel weight and i cannot believe how much easier it starts up now and doesnt bruise my foot like before.it was like a night and day difference.if you dont have one.i highly recommend getting one.i bought mine from monkeybuttparts.com for $99.00 and it was so easy to install.it was drop shipped right from steahly.

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
Re: HOW TO EASILY START A KX500
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 07:47:12 AM »
Have you rode the bike at this time?? How do you like the power spread?
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

Offline dans89kx500

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 08:00:54 AM »
I second that, it is so much easier to start with the weight. Also, the power spread is much better. Tractors on tight, steep trails like a John Deer.

Daniel in Vacaville
Daniel in Vacaville
1989 KX500
2000 Husaberg FC501
2009 Husqvarna TC510

Offline 98kaw5oo

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 03:05:10 AM »
hughes,i only rode the bike to test drive it when i bought it,then rode it down my street on black top.i rode it before the flywheel weight and after and didnt notice a difference or any power loss and going slow across my lawn the motor seemed to keep its momentum better(i can see the weight will be very beneficial in some of the tight woods).i have not had the chance to actually woods ride with it yet but cannot wait,im hoping i can make it trailable.i dont expect myself to whip it around berms like a 250 but i think the power will make up for any flaws the bike has,i am not a track racer anyways so i dont need the best and latest handling and suspension out on the market.i do wish i would have been able to drive it in the woods before and after the weight but oh well i probably just would have liked it better after the weight was installed.

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 06:49:13 AM »
Now if you think it is easy now, try changing out the ignition for the PVL ignition.  :-D :-D :evil:

Offline kx5rider

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 11:07:47 AM »
Starting mine I just throw it in gear and rock it back and forth stroking the motor about 10 times and it's 1st kick everytime.......... and I'm not a very big guy at all.
braaaaaaaaap