Author Topic: Great information  (Read 1872 times)

Offline cbmoor

Great information
« on: November 29, 2009, 04:51:31 AM »
Well got out on my bike today after the rebuild, And what a change. All for reading the information on this site. The bike came from the USA and now it is in the north of Scotland UK. The bike ran ok but there was not much power off the bottom. It also had 2 broken exhaust mounts and some crash damage. Changes to make it run:

Fixed exhaust mounts : Seen pictures in the Gallory
Changed the jetting : Followed the jetting chart on this site
Installed a moose torque spacer : Learned about that on this site
Did the kips bolt fix : Tig welded a CRF valve shim on the original bolt got that information and length of modification on this site
New piston and rings
New conrod and seals and mainbearings : After reading it good to go through the whole engine for best performance and thanks to me mate Dave who Changed the rod and did the welding on the bike, A CR500 owner so the slagging off which is the best bike has started and ongoing :-)
New FMF pipe
New plastics

Well the differece is huge, amazing, it flys, going to use for MX the bike pulls third gear out of turns unlike before to be honest its a handfull :-o

Next it the suspension to be serviced, new spring are on the way and possable a revalve will see when the spring are installed and fresh oil and then get the frame powder coated as the new welding only has some spray primer on the exhaust welding repair and wanted a run on the bike to see how it went before sending away the frame

So basicaly THANK YOU to this site and the people who take the time to put information on here my KX is amazing. Now its time to use the search function on suspension for any tips :roll:

Offline Grunty-Motor

Re: Great information
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 08:31:21 AM »
well, would seem such a waste not to put all that new found info to some more use......you can re-build mine if ya want :-D

...oh, aberdeen!