Author Topic: Kenda Millville tires  (Read 2099 times)

Offline stock500

Kenda Millville tires
« on: July 09, 2008, 06:03:01 AM »
I know I have talked to someone, Hughes I think about the Kenda Millville tires, but I can't remember for sure.  I am ordering some stuff for the K5 so I thought it could use some new rubber.  Hughes if it was you please chime in.  If anyone else has ran them let me know what you think.
It's all in the wrist!  Save a tire, shift early!

Offline KXcam22

Re: Kenda Millville tires
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 07:16:20 AM »
Stock,
  I run them F & R for the last few years.  Best tires I have used on the K5 by quite a bit.  The front was the big surprise at how well it worked and hom much it improved the K5 steering.  Cam.

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 07:21:27 AM »
I only ran the rear tire and it was by far the best tire I tried on the 500 for my area. I have hard pack,rocks,roots, and mud along with some loam stuff and the tire worked great. It wears o.k but traction was great.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 10:41:09 AM »
Didn't like those tires here in midwest, but would swear by the Washougals. You may want to gear down a touch though, they hook it up.

Offline KXcam22

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 04:36:16 PM »
Definitely different tires for different dirt.  My area is sandy clay powder loam.  The one area that I felt the rear millville was superior was the side knob traction. When leaned over exiting med. radius corners the rear would hook up better than anything, allowing you a nice slide-wheelie exit, on the gas, back end only hanging out a foot or so.  Other tires would suddenly break loose and you would be struggling not to slide out instead of wheeling and grinning. I can't wait to put these on my 450 especially the front.  I would suggest that you at least try one and see how it works for you. I think I put a review in the review section long time ago. Cam.

Offline stock500

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 05:23:56 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I am currently running the Maxxix Maxx Cross Desert Terrain, and it was been great everywere but on hard stuff.  If I hit the throttle at all on hard dirt the back end will slide right out from under me.  I plan on trying the millville next.
It's all in the wrist!  Save a tire, shift early!

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 12:50:41 AM »
For my terrain the Maxxis IT tires just would not hook up well on the kx500. They wear great. Big diff. when I changed to the Millville. A few things, I was running an 18 inch rear wheel and tire size 120/90/18. I feel the 18 inch makes a big diff. on the 500, that extra flex in the side wall seems to aid in traction.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com