Author Topic: Parade Lap K5  (Read 4883 times)

Offline BDI

Re: Parade Lap K5
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 05:58:58 PM »
My Kx500 has done that with every carb in every state of tune with every different engine I have ever had in my bike since 1991. I think it's normal.
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008, 02:19:56 AM »
Yeah, I agree BDI. Same symptoms with second motor and second carb. good to know that it is a trait of the big kaw. I will either have to give it extra time to warm-up or start breaking the rules. Who needs grass in the parking area? Ruts are fun too!!!!!

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 04:32:54 AM »
i run small pilot. I think stewart does to with his pwk.

Offline stroke.n.smoke

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 01:50:20 PM »
The snocross sleds up here have a deal on the pipe that actually ignites the unburnt fuel in the pipe so it runs clean off the start line.  You can hear them hitting the button and the sled sounds like a muted backfire out the pipe.  Those are 440cc single pipe sleds.  I don't know exactly how they work but I could ask a friend of mine who has one.  Here is a video of some snocross sleds just before the start, you can hear them cleaning out the pipe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZU6APVfQGE

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:56:30 PM by stroke.n.smoke »

Offline Arigato

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2008, 01:55:28 AM »
The snocross sleds up here have a deal on the pipe that actually ignites the unburnt fuel in the pipe so it runs clean off the start line.  You can hear them hitting the button and the sled sounds like a muted backfire out the pipe.  Those are 440cc single pipe sleds.  I don't know exactly how they work but I could ask a friend of mine who has one.  Here is a video of some snocross sleds just before the start, you can hear them cleaning out the pipe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZU6APVfQGE

Actually, there is a button on the sled that you hold down while on the start line.  As you hold the button, you also hold the throttle wide open.  The button affects the timing and won't allow the sled to rev enough to engage the clutches; the motor holds the rpm just before engagement, so when the button is realeased you have instant take off. :mrgreen:  I have two sleds with this feature.

Offline stroke.n.smoke

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 04:09:39 PM »

Ya, your right.  it warms up the pipe for a better launch.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 04:14:17 PM by stroke.n.smoke »