Author Topic: HELP!! Clutch not working.  (Read 1684 times)

Offline dnmac1999

HELP!! Clutch not working.
« on: July 05, 2008, 04:29:32 PM »
  Ok, I just rebuilt the whole thing. New bearings, crank, ect. The clutch did look good so I didnt replace it though. I have great clutch feel on the handle bars, but when I go put it in gear its not doing anything. Its like I dont even have the clutch pulled at all. Did I miss something puting it back together? Thanks for any help in advance.

Offline Platypus

• Platypus Racing
Re: HELP!! Clutch not working.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 08:37:58 PM »
Possibly stacked two of the same plate together.  I don't think you have any other choice but to check that.

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 03:29:26 AM »
Sounds like you left a part out.  Go to this web site and look up your year clutch and look over the parts and see if you remember all of them when you were going back together.  If part number 13091 (I have an '04') is left out it won't push the plates apart.  That's my thought not my experience.  Last time I was into a clutch that far it had a little ball that the clutch push rod rode on. I think it was a Honda.  If the ball was left out the plates would not separate.

http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/9/Kawasaki.aspx
KX 500 Rider

Offline dnmac1999

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 03:40:28 AM »
You know I thought the very same thing about that ball. The first bike I went into when I was sixteen I did that. I have looked at all the parts and I did get them all in there. I guess I have to tear it apart again. I was thinking about it last night, and the only thing i could come up with is that it isn't letting the metal and fiber plates seperate for some reason. Ill tear it apart and let you guys know what I find.