Author Topic: What year is my KX?  (Read 1795 times)

Offline GDubb

What year is my KX?
« on: April 15, 2008, 04:10:53 PM »
This may seem like a dumb question (even to me thats why I never asked) but my K5 was sold to me from the dealer as a '97 but on the title it says '96.  My first thought is that I should just believe the title but is there any other way to identify the year of my bike such as through the VIN# or anything?

-G
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
Re: What year is my KX?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 04:28:59 PM »
go to kawasaki.com and you can enter your vin#. the results will tell you what the year is and any options and so forth.  i used this method to make sure that my bike was what the seller said it was. worked great.   MADDOGGY

Offline cyclepsych0

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 05:53:43 PM »
I know this is an old post but, vehicle year is the 10th digit in the VIN. T=1996 V=1997. 8-)

Offline GDubb

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 01:56:34 AM »
Yeah, i checked it out at the kawasaki site and I just double checked it using that method and it sure is a 96.  I suspected that it was because of the purple tank and the only pictures I could find of a K5 with a purple tank were 96's. Sure pisses me off though. I had researched alot about the differences between years and decided that I wanted a 97 or knewer due to the heavier sprung forks after 97. The bike shop had this thing for sale as a 97 so they had me thinking I was buying a one year newer bike. Oh well. Too late now.  I figure I'll do some business with Race Tech in the future and the suspension will be as good as anything I would need anyways.  Thanks for the help guys!

-G
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -