Author Topic: tall clarke tank vrs. crossbar pad..  (Read 4232 times)

jdv500

tall clarke tank vrs. crossbar pad..
« on: February 03, 2005, 04:32:44 AM »
had the new 4.0 gal tank on for 2 weeks now, i ran into a small issue of the handlebar crossbar and pad hitting the front of the gas tank during lock to lock handling. so i had to readjust my bars forward, this erased the problem all together. however, i loved my bars very rearward. i'm now considering the oversized bar adapters and then going to a tapered 1 1/8th bar. these bars do not use the crossbar at all, it seems i just love to spend the cash on this bike...thanks, jdv

mikesmith

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 07:19:24 AM »
Saw your pictures,nice bike!I could throw cash at my bike all day with all the things Id like to do,but my wife doesnt see it that way! :wink:

jdv500

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 08:41:00 AM »
i heard that,
when my funds are low, try the head down dog face routine while holding an aftermarket catalog. not really, but she supports me in the fact that this bike and riding thing is big to me, she backs me pretty much. as for the pics, thanks, a d.i.d. gold x-ring chain and new alum r sprocket are coming today, new pics to follow. thanks, jdv

Offline GDubb

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 09:14:23 AM »
Thank God for supportive wives...  I have an aweful lot of hobbies ie: skateboarding, bmx dirt jumping, r/c cars, music(guitar)... all of which arent cheap, but when it comes to riding, she sees that there arent many other things that I am this passionate about. So when it comes to throwing down some bucks on a new bike or gear, she is very understanding as long as its not taking food off the table.  She also understands that this is something, like my other hobbies, that will help my son and I bond as he gets older (he's only 3 right now). So even though I know she wishes sometimes that I would grow up and spend some more time at home and quit with all the kid games, she stands by me anyways and supports me and lets me do my thing because she sees the benefits it will have down the road with my son.  I sure do love that woman!
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

jdv500

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 10:21:25 AM »
oh yeah,
 got a good lady here, she knows that my bike thing and the trails on the weekend stem from my boyhood yrs, nearly 30 yrs ago. she backs that and even tells me to go ride at times. this summer i got my son (10) a klx110, he instantly got the fever as i did at his age. i could'nt teach him fast enough as he just progressed all on his own, did amazing things as i watched him at the local kids track here, you have a special thing in time waiting for you when that boy gets older. a son and bikes, can't seem to measure that., thanks, jdv

kxmark

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 10:37:40 AM »
You guys are so lucky. I have three beautiful daughters, none of which have ever been the least bit interested in dirtbikes. Oh well, maybe a grandson someday.

mikesmith

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 09:53:46 PM »
My wifes the best,she got a new KX85 so she could ride with me.She cracked her ribs and has decided thats all for her riding days,but the point is she got the bike just to spend time in "my world".The last few years I spent my 3 days a week off rideing untill after dark and cleaning the bike and gear untill 10:00 or 11:00 at night and only seeing her a few hours before work,shes put up with this for years.So I decided to put my rideing on hold this year to make time to spend with her.Rideings the best, but I realize shes "my world",not my bike as fun as it is!

Offline GDubb

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2005, 04:04:40 AM »
... Always a wise and noble decision!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

P_Fio

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2005, 04:59:10 AM »
I second what GDubb said.   We definately have to balance family and fun, and to me, family always comes first.  I'm lucky, my wife understands that riding is an important hobby for me and that it brings me a lot of pleasure.  She actully likes to ride too and my son (2.5 yrs) likes getting on my bike grabbing onto the handlebars making the reving sounds, though the big KX did scare him quite a bit when it was running, but he's over it now.  Didn't want to scare him into being a hair stylist or something.  :lol: Just kidding.  Yeah, my wife likes trail riding on my 1968 Honda CT90, which still runs great.   Hey, Valentines is right around the corner...

Offline GDubb

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2005, 05:22:49 AM »
You guys got it easy on Valentines....  Its also my wifes birthday... so I'm pullin double duty.

fast500#12

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2005, 06:06:34 AM »
i have a clarke 4 gallon tank and 1 1/8" renthal fat bars. there is a pad that goes over the clamp adapter which still has clearance issues stop to stop but its not noticeable while riding. when it's parked it leaves indents in the pad. i put my girl friend on my banshee and i hop on the 500 and we take off and she loves every minute of it even though she never takes it over third gear because it scares her. but that will happen when the banshee is only a few mph slower than the 500. chicks that ride are so hot. :lol: