Author Topic: whats the worst bike anyone has owned?  (Read 12618 times)

Offline kx666

Re: whats the worst bike anyone has owned?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 07:16:37 AM »
I have always had good luck with bikes. My 1995 yamaha blaster, (when i was 9) went through at least 1 piston every ride, but we took the oil pump off and that helped a lot. My 97 banshee frame broke a few times, they don't like the jumps much.

Offline TheGDog

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 03:45:36 AM »
Dunno if I hated it... but that first Hodaka I learned on...  I think my StepDad probably should have replaced the spark plug it had rather than repeated cleaning it in the sand-blaster thingy... it was either that... or perhaps the carb maybe needed cleaning at first?...  whatever the reason... on some of those first trips out to the dez I'd have to kick that thing a bazillion times. 

One thing about that though.... real d**n quick I learned how NOT to kill it when starting out from a dead stop and letting the clutch out.

He used to make me do 15 starts-and-stops in a row without killing the bike.... before I would be allowed to go ahead and just ride.  It's good training for tuning-in your clutch hand though.
'97 PC800 + '96 KX 500 + '90 KDX 200 + 2000 XR50R (for the lil guy!)

Offline MadKaw

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 11:40:29 AM »
yamaha xs650 80 something. stator, carbs, electrical...etc, etc, etc....HATED IT!!!!!
Deviate from the Norm!
Father!...The sleeper has Awaken!!!

2001 Harley Sportster xlh1200
'73 Suzuki GT550
'75 Suzuki GT550
'74 Kawasaki Z1 900
'79 Yamaha GT80
'93 KX500*******
'84 Yamaha Riva 180z scooter
08 Q-link Pegasus scooter first new rid

Offline kx500af

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 03:53:32 PM »
the worst bike was the 500 aluminum frame conversion I bought from motor sports products and service aka mps the fabrication and assembly looked like it came from a high school wood shop the owner told me he personaly went through the motor and installed a new piston and rings when I couldent get the motor to run george the owner of mps told me I bought a used bike and it was as is I have completely rebuilt the bike and now its bad to the bone!! do your self a favor stay away from mps and george 

Offline don46

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 03:50:16 AM »
the worst bike was the 500 aluminum frame conversion I bought from motor sports products and service aka mps the fabrication and assembly looked like it came from a high school wood shop the owner told me he personaly went through the motor and installed a new piston and rings when I couldent get the motor to run george the owner of mps told me I bought a used bike and it was as is I have completely rebuilt the bike and now its bad to the bone!! do your self a favor stay away from mps and george 

Are you the guy with the MPS pipe on Ebay? It's to bad you had such a bad experience, maybe in hindsight the 11k for a brand new Service Kawasaki isn't half bad.
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

stewart

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 04:51:49 AM »
Dunno if I hated it... but that first Hodaka I learned on...  I think my StepDad probably should have replaced the spark plug it had rather than repeated cleaning it in the sand-blaster thingy... it was either that... or perhaps the carb maybe needed cleaning at first?...  whatever the reason... on some of those first trips out to the dez I'd have to kick that thing a bazillion times. 

One thing about that though.... real d**n quick I learned how NOT to kill it when starting out from a dead stop and letting the clutch out.

He used to make me do 15 starts-and-stops in a row without killing the bike.... before I would be allowed to go ahead and just ride.  It's good training for tuning-in your clutch hand though.
i think i had the same junk hodaka super rat when i was a kid

Motorrad

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 07:12:58 PM »
Mine is...

175cc street CZ....

Swear it was built by a 12 year old slave kid with a rat tail file and a hammer...

(crank pin for the flywheel is straight drilled (with god knows what) and has a broke off piece of metal something as a keyway... (but straight, not keyway)...

the stator system looks like its off an old tank.. Bar switches (headlight) etc. look like they are cold war plane surpluss

the "fuel" pickup in the tank... is welded in WAY too high... it cant pick up the last 1/4 tank..

Picked it up to ride back and forth to work (I like to ride a different bike to work every day of the week/month)..

Needless to say I pushed it home MULTIPLE times.

only had 1100 original miles on it when I got it.. (original tires, grips etc etc)...

WHAT A PILE..

Sold it to fund My R1100RS BMW....

A funny part of me misses its quirkiness... Its like a Kid gone wrong.. you want to make them better... even though you cant..
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:14:43 PM by Motorrad »

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 07:22:21 PM »
  The worst bike i ever had was a yamaha IT490 i was 15 at the time it really sucked :-o

Offline bilger69

• 99 Kx500
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2011, 12:48:44 AM »
My Old 1982 Yamaha XT200. worst bike i ever had  suspension was destroyed it just bounced and bounced. it did start up first kick though. it was a fourstroke and still fouled plugs because it smoked so bad. me and buddys would ride together and i would have to take a backpack full of oil quarts. one day riding 2nd gear blew out. rode it for 4 months after that then my young cousin bought it off me for 90 bucks. then throttle cable snapped so he just pulled on the cable looped around his finger.  he had it for about 4 months then sold it for like 100 bucks to 2 guys wanting to rebuild it. havent seen it since lol

Motorrad

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2013, 06:46:26 AM »
BUMP.

still my CZ...

Oscar?

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2013, 09:21:00 AM »
believe it or not I've never had a bike that I would consider the worst......I've always been very careful about the bikes I've purchased........

Amazingly the worst and best bike I've ever owned is the same bike........

My 98 KX500 was the worst bike I've ever owned when I first bought it and since the rebuild it is the best bike I've ever owned.
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2013, 12:20:26 AM »
I think the correct term for me is not "the worst bike" but "the worst luck" with a bike, and that would be hands down my '84 KX125 . The bike was raced expert hard, and parked wet. I bought the bike for $500 back in '86 with a cracked and booger welded frame (an issue with the '84's), a bent crank, and a warped PSI cylinder and head, and a broken front engine case frame mount. All this I systematically found out through blowing the engine, and re-cracking the frame every Sunday... so maybe with proper previous maintenence my KX would have been better, but I did hear other racers comments the '84 was a "clam rocket" as one racer commented to me back in the day.. LOL 
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline alward25

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2013, 02:03:47 AM »
84 Kawasaki Tecate, that thing was a pile!!!!!!!
"Let there be light"

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2013, 07:27:38 AM »
all kind of cz-bikes...  :evil:

i had a 89 cz125. and i seen all kind of damages on all the other cz´s: broken con rods, broken pistons broken frames, broken shocks...
once i decided to race in vintage class, i said to my own : never a cz again..!  :-D
big 2 stroke bikes are weapons for real men, who don´t fear death or devil. ;O)
´83 kx250, ´87 kx250 (with 360 big bore), 87 kx500, ´93 kx500 sfc

---  www.der-motopunk.de.tl  ---

Motorrad

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2013, 07:30:17 AM »
all kind of cz-bikes...  :evil:

i had a 89 cz125. and i seen all kind of damages on all the other cz´s: broken con rods, broken pistons broken frames, broken shocks...
once i decided to race in vintage class, i said to my own : never a cz again..!  :-D

Yep.  That's what bultaco's and husqvarnas are for!