Author Topic: power wing or similar  (Read 2979 times)

Offline kiwimonster

power wing or similar
« on: November 25, 2008, 05:04:55 AM »
does anyone know if any company makes a power wing or x wing for the k5 and if so has anyone tied one.
d c scrivens

Offline KXcam22

Re: power wing or similar
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 06:07:56 AM »
I believe powernow makes one.  Same PKW39 carb as the KTM300 as well.  There are also a few member who have built their own.  I am going to build one for my 450 over the winter. Cam.

Offline kiwimonster

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 06:38:06 PM »
cheers cam will check em out maybe stewart could make em to sell to us mortals lol
d c scrivens

Offline jfabmotorsports.com

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 01:30:21 AM »
A buddy of mine has the Powernow on his CR450 and says it does work. Even the seat of the pants knows, however deceiving that might be!  :|  JFAB
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:18:31 AM by jfabmotorsports.com »
Don't just float through life, make waves!

Offline Albertan

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 04:54:35 PM »
I have a Power Now on my KX500 (same part as for KTM 125SX, since it also uses a Keihin PWK 39mm carb).  I think it is worthwhile; it doesn't change peak power at all, but the bike is more crisp at partial throttle openings, and feels "snappier".  And that was with proper jetting before installing the Power Now, plug readings showing that jetting was ballpark.

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 05:16:27 PM »
It's a great mod for the smaller motors with big carbs. Better signal strength at nozzle.

Offline GDubb

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 07:14:41 PM »
The theory behind the Power Now makes perfect sense. I just cant justify the price for what it physically is. I think it should be a $25-$35 part. Just my 2 cents.

-G
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

KX Newfie

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 12:19:08 AM »
I know on alot of models you have to disconnect the airbox from the subframe to get the subframe off, & to put the boot to carb back on .... abit of a pain sometimes....but maybe worth it i dunno.
What's the price ???

Offline Albertan

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 06:17:18 AM »
The Power Now slipped right in without disconnecting the boot from the airbox or airbox from the subframe.  It is a bit fiddly getting it back over the carb, but it will go if you are patient and careful.  Double check the clamps when you re-attach.  Mine cost about $90 from one of the on-line dealers.