Author Topic: Jumping the KX 500  (Read 15836 times)

Offline bigbellybob

Re: Jumping the KX 500
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2008, 03:09:59 PM »
Why does everybody keep bringing up the 90% rider 10% bike stuff we r talking equal riders on two diff bikes not how good a rider can be. were talking stewart riding a 1988 kx 500 then riding a 2008 kx450 on the same track.

Also I never said anything about maitanence or reliabilty Do you really think full blown racers care if they can run the same piston for 10 years??? hell no! if it gets them thru the race and blows up 15 mm's past the finish line they can care less. The kx125 that I just sold was 6 years old with a completly untouched engine, not even a new set of rings and still ran like a champ but that dosent help me in a race that last 15-20 mins....if making the bike 1 second faster on a track by cutting the engines life in half so be it...if you race you race to win not last long enough for your grandkids to learn to ride

thats some good thinking. i dont need a peace a to go 1 sec faster on a track.
IF RIDING IS OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL RIDE

sponsor
http://www.steelmx.com/

Offline KX500freak

• KX500 - Have a Wheelie good weekend
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2008, 02:18:00 AM »
i,m thinkin smpkx500 has the point .
and racing bikes 2smoker or 4popper always cost big bucks

thats why i ride for fun
2 smokers rule
Dutch Team Green 91-94-01 KX500

Offline bigbellybob

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2008, 03:08:34 AM »

thats some good thinking. i dont need a peace a to go 1 sec faster on a track.

??? what does this mean?

Also my bike had well over 50 hp @the crank at the time and was for sure faster in a straight line than the kx450 i rode. it was the way the 450 made its power it was insane and it wasnt like it scared me not to ride it......I've hit 175 mph on my R6 bouncing the limiter in 6th gear still wanting more so it abviously wasnt the speed that scared me it was the power dilivery.

that means i would rather have a bike make it to more than 1 race over it being 1 sec faster.
im having a hard time understanding if the power delivery is so smooth why is it scary

sponsor
http://www.steelmx.com/

Offline Kawasakinut

• s#@t plus two equals eight
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2008, 05:17:23 AM »
           this post is becoming halarious. i like all bikes but a four stroke and two stroke debate is just wierd to me. heck if we where on a unicycle forum we'd still have posts such as this. oh by the way thumper talk could use another 2 vs. 4 stroke debate rediculious comments are much appreciated there haha.
htpp://www.youtube.com/jimvpa

Offline Dutch-K5 Fan

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2008, 06:16:49 AM »
There are trying to change the 2 and  4stroke rules in mxgp. The cost of a fourstroke is so high at GPlevel. Pitt Beier is pro 2stroke, his comments: "if you want the sport to be affordable. 2 Strokes are the future. At pro level the 450 4stokes are becomming to fast!!!!
The new MX1 bikes wil be 350cc, 2- and 4stroke.

Rider + bike combo is what makes some one or some thing go fast!!

Dutchie

Proud owner of a KX500AF

Offline Kawasakinut

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2008, 05:02:38 AM »
                         kay don't be all sensitive. maybe you shouldn't try to push the four stokes so much. yes this site, from my point of view is primarily a 2 stroke, kx 500 site. awhile back i got all butt hurt and deleted most of my stuff on here, well i was being stupid. so now i realize that i have deleted some important info someone else could of used. dude take a chill pill and relax, your input is valuable.

jimmy v.

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2008, 02:18:17 AM »

??? what does this mean?

Also my bike had well over 50 hp @the crank at the time and was for sure faster in a straight line than the kx450 i rode. it was the way the 450 made its power it was insane and it wasnt like it scared me not to ride it......I've hit 175 mph on my R6 bouncing the limiter in 6th gear still wanting more so it abviously wasnt the speed that scared me it was the power dilivery.

Intresting. You are spraying your R6 (to reach those #s or your speedo is waaaay off, which I would recommend a speedo healer) and you were afraid of a 450?

kayx250

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 11:30:44 AM »

Intresting. You are spraying your R6 (to reach those #s or your speedo is waaaay off, which I would recommend a speedo healer) and you were afraid of a 450?

you guys are straight haters on here.  According to my speedo it read 175mph and yes I  bet it is off....ALL sportbike speedos are off second even if i posted a video guaranteed you guys would call it a fake........that is unless I had a kx500 engine swapped into my r6 frame then im sure it would break the 200mph mark in 2nd gear on a wheelie with the gas turned off while producing clean air as its exhaust. :roll:

Offline Kawasakinut

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008, 12:05:17 PM »
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tTFWfJZqzHo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tTFWfJZqzHo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

175 mph seems a little high to me!!!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 12:17:42 PM by Kawasakinut »

Offline KX500freak

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008, 12:13:40 PM »
Any ways about the vid I dont have one right now but I can get one soon and I'll make sure to post it for all to see a stock(it does have a measily yoshi slip on) r6 doing 175 which like I said before isnt fast compared to liter+ bikes Ill post it up just to clear up some calling out :-P

better delete ur last post too :x
u dont harras with cancer cured by 2 stroke
u know what ur saying?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 12:30:34 AM by gowen »

Offline Kawasakinut

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2008, 12:20:49 PM »
              maybe the moderator should delete this whole post. it is very stupid. if Kay wants to argue about bikes maybe he should find another forum to harras

Offline KX500freak

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2008, 12:40:10 PM »
              maybe the moderator should delete this whole post. it is very stupid. if Kay wants to argue about bikes maybe he should find another forum to harras

right jim

someone who uses words such as cancer in this manor...

i lost one of my buddy,s on cancer ,i cried a week on his lost

kayx250

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2008, 03:34:16 PM »

right jim

someone who uses words such as cancer in this manor...

i lost one of my buddy,s on cancer ,i cried a week on his lost

your acting like your the only one who has been affected by cancer...my mom died of breast cancer, my dad has prostate cancer, and my best friend died of leukemia just a hair over a year ago who I took the last two weeks off of work of his life to stay in his hospital room by his feet with him and I had to watch my best friend wither into an unrecognizable person who looked different, acted different, and even talked different until the night before he died I had to watch him go into some sort of confulsions over and over again while I was standing there watching my best friend die right in front of me knowing I couldnt do anyting to save him

Offline KX500freak

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2008, 08:51:25 PM »
@kayx250

first of all ,
i,m shocked of your story
very very sad for you .

and the story of ur buddy is very simular like mine ,
all though my buddy just died few weeks ago
that,s why my anger is so fresh still

but why do u use that word then if it,s sucha painfull matter
any way glad you explained it

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2008, 12:53:04 AM »
This has gone way off topic. I recall this posted in the KX500 thread asking about airing out a KX500. This was not meant to be a KXF450 vs. KX500 thread.

If you want to talk about 450F's, please do so in the 450F forum.

As for the haters comment, don't expect to blow your horn about KXF this and KX500 that and people not get upset. We don't want to hear about the 450 in the 500 thread and same in the 450 thread.

Kay, some people don't take cancer lightly. Most people have had a love one die of cancer. Just cause you have had experiences with it does not give you an excuse to joke about it. This will not be tolerated.