Author Topic: i need my fix  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Kawasakinut

• s#@t plus two equals eight
i need my fix
« on: January 23, 2008, 06:03:46 AM »
man i am so sad or bored of not riding. this sucks the only other bike i own is a 50 quad that i bought for my nephew about 2 years ago. i can stunt it pretty good  :-D. i can do a kneeling one handed wheelie for miles but that gets old quick. i feel like a mad scientist in my basement of the house got the whole bike in parts and it will be some time before i ride agian. i seriously have issues if i can't ride. i've got the green fever bad!!! i spend hours and when i say hours i'm not kidding working this beast back into shape. any body got similar feelings. my drug of choice 2 wheels/ green/ fast as heck. been riding since the age of five and its my escape from everyday life. i also have a ? is it normal for a guy to think about riding or bikes in general more than he thinks about the ladies haha. like i said i have issues!!! 
htpp://www.youtube.com/jimvpa

Offline KXcam22

Re: i need my fix
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 04:04:37 AM »
It's just that what you are talking about is so normal that I don't even think about it any more. Cam.

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 06:51:40 AM »
MX Unleashed PS2....or get a buffer and some polish and get busy with Parts. Kick start lever, brake levers, Frame Guards, basically any aluminum parts will polish out to a mirror finish. Everyone on here gets the riding Jones except the guys who ride year round in the desert. Winter sucks, but its the only good time to work on the green machines. How's the rebuild going?

Offline BDI

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 04:28:26 PM »
Have you seen my post about air cannon its not riding but its fun as hell go on youtube and do a search for air cannon but be carefull an air cannon will do more then just put your eye out. How about an R.C. car CEN racing makes one I have been wanting called the Nemesis 7.7 it has a five horse engine and you can find people bashing those on youtube also.
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline Arigato

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 01:12:48 AM »
The r/c cars are definately fun.  I got an XTM Xterminator for Christmas and have been having a blast with it....Until my dog bit yesterday and broke the carbeurator. :-o

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 01:48:46 AM »
R/C Cars are pretty cool. I like hearing them rev out to the moon and pull powerband wheelies and all that, but for the price, I think I could pick up another Toy that I can actually ride around. I would enevitably build a jump and try to triple a double and waste it anyway.
 My engine builder flies helicopters and mini planes around the house, and it seems pretty entertaining.
I do alot of "gararge racing too." That involves some frosty Coors light and some riding buddies hanging out in the garage talking about riding and racing. Not much of a fix, but at least I'm hangin' out with my bikes for some more good times. We do actually talk about races and trips we plan to do, and eventually refine the plans to agree on dates and locations.

Offline gwcrim

• http://profiles.yahoo.com/gwcrim
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 05:25:53 AM »
Buy a beater/restoration project.  I'd love to have an RD350 to tinker on.

Break something and then see if you can fix it. 

Take up downhill skiing.  (Skiing moguls reminds me of dirt riding.)

I just got done doing Stage I upgrades and a few other tweaks to one of my other green toys.  Pickles is built for comfort, not speed.

One thing for sure..... I'm never so bored that I polish anything.  LOL
~Crim~
You raise the blade
You make the change
You rearrange me 'til I'm sane

Offline TheGDog

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 08:52:26 PM »
Use this time to push yourself with your physical training.  Start with just walking 10 minutes on a treadmill.... then do all the stretches since you'll now be warmed up slightly... then start hitting up the elliptical walker machine... and crank that resistance up to a nice amount... something where in 20 minutes at a pretty good pace... you can't wait to get off the thing and catch a quick breather.... THEN... walk around a lil bit to cool off slightly... THEN post-stretching... then begin your weights.  Concentrate on form... don't worry so much about how much weight.. that'll come later, naturally.

Alternate body parts groups on different days/visits to the Gym... ([Chest/Upper Body day] [Legs & Back day]) so your body is focusing shuttling blood to several body parts that are all somewhat near each other in proximity... that way the nutrients to repair the torn muscles are focused in a close promixity... maximizing the chance for quicker recovery.

Take up FreeRide/Downhill Mtn. Bike Riding.  Closest thing to MX I've ever tried.  With FreeRide'ing... you have to "pay to play" you gotta push it up that trail or ride it up in lowest gear before you can turn around and bomb down it.  The "reward" aspect off it makes you not find it boring.

Another thing I do to fight being "house buggy" (I work from my home so I'm a lil more used to it than most I guess) is to jump on my CD Scratcher Turntables and freshen up my DJ skillz. 

Another fun one is to play [Day of Defeat] online. (It's an off-shoot of Counter-Strike, I like it better than CS)

Very fun to skool mofo's, splittin' wigs with headshots.

Take the dogs for a walk.

And perhaps better for you... work on and perfect your "Mac Skillz".  Find out where the local hotties seem to be hangin' out and set out to get 'dem digits!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 08:57:06 PM by TheGDog »
'97 PC800 + '96 KX 500 + '90 KDX 200 + 2000 XR50R (for the lil guy!)

Offline Kawasakinut

• s#@t plus two equals eight
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 05:29:38 AM »
dog i am going to start lifting here pretty soon. the college i go to has a good gym. i don't think i'll be doing the 6 day a week thing like i  used  to but maybe 4 or 5. i'm not in the shape i used to be in  army infantry helped that out alot lol.

jimmy v.   
htpp://www.youtube.com/jimvpa