Author Topic: funny motorcycle stuff I work on.  (Read 1890 times)

js

funny motorcycle stuff I work on.
« on: January 30, 2008, 12:46:33 PM »
pic test

moburki

Re: funny motorcycle stuff I work on.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 06:34:32 AM »
Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing. I assume you are ME? Is that Solid Works, or Catia maybe? Rendering is very good these days! You've got some great ideas. I work with composites, if you get to a point you build those rods, let me know if I can help (Motoneering.com coming soon)...
 :wink:

Offline BDI

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 10:49:33 AM »
Very cool stuff. 8-) I have envy issues now thanks. :-D What is the program you are using if you do not mind saying. :?
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline BDI

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 02:29:13 PM »
You know I always thought the pivoting foot peg were a good idea long before any one made them. Then I bought some pivot pegz and I could not quit death gripping the handle bars. It was becaus of the unsure footed feeling I had from the pegs. To me it did not feel like I was standing on something solid so I found my self holding on tight to the bars. I also found that I lost a lot of feed back from the bike. MY feet help to let me know if the bike is nose high or nose low threw the pegs. I never knew this until that feedback was taken away.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 04:29:42 PM by BDI »

Offline BDI

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 03:50:45 PM »
I have ridden bmx my whole life when I was 23 I was number three in the nation in my class. I don't think that has any thing to do with what we are talking about. It's just my take on the pivoting foot peg thing Im sure lots of people would say they loved them but I think the whole concept lacks a lot to be desired. thats just my opinion.Perhaps I expect more feed back from my bike then the average rider.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 03:54:03 PM by BDI »

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 12:54:40 AM »
No cool programs here, but I have had some ideas even though they are much less ingenious. Like I thought about having an aluminum carb cover that was the same shape as the base of the air filter. The sides deep enough to use the air filter bolt so that I could thoroughly clean air box w/o getting anything in the carb.
 In France they weld scoops directly to wheel like half of a snow cone, like your water wheel, for hillclimbing. There is also a demand for extended swing arms that have adjustable lengths and where the rear brake also works at every length.
 Also like the clutch arm extended 10mm mod without just welding something to existing one.
Laser cut customized frame guards, case guards, brake covers, and chain guides with logos or riding numbers.
After-market clutch covers with the site-window, levers with better mechanical advantage and bearring pivots.
 2 way radios, mp3's, and cams fabbed for secure mounting to the helmet.
 Custom gas caps, oil caps, drain plugs, bar clamps, I could keep going but I have to get some work done, keep the custom fab work going, it helps the sport continue to evolve.