Author Topic: Fork Oil Suggestions Anyone  (Read 1731 times)

Offline stock500

Fork Oil Suggestions Anyone
« on: January 24, 2008, 02:04:47 PM »
I am getting ready to change my fork springs; consequently I will need to refill my forks with new oil.  I am 250lbs and my new Race Tech springs are rated  for my weight.  I am a decent rider, but I never race.  I ride mostly dunes and desert.  What brand and weight of fork oil should I use.  I don't know if I need to consider the temp. If I do I ride in Utah and Idaho.  Any suggestions would be great. :?
It's all in the wrist!  Save a tire, shift early!

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Re: Fork Oil Suggestions Anyone
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 04:43:40 PM »
I had great results with ATF.

Offline BDI

Re: Fork Oil Suggestions Anyone
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 04:50:35 PM »
Use stock weight oil it's either 5wt or 7wt. you can play with oil level when you get the right plushness on the first part of the stroke by using the clickers but find out it bottoms to easy. you can raise the oil level a little at a time to stiffen the last part of the stroke. Keep good track of how much oil you put in so if you put to much you can take out the desired amount. I use a small funnel that screws into the air bleeder hole on the fork cap. You have to compress the forks with a tie down screw the funnel in place and add the desired amount of oil then release the tie down when the forks extend the vacume in the forks sucks the oil right in it works sweet. When you put stiffer springs you most liklely will need to back off the compression and crank up the rebound.
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!