Author Topic: MSR Raptor clutch lever and perch  (Read 4611 times)

greenmonster

MSR Raptor clutch lever and perch
« on: February 09, 2003, 02:45:05 PM »
I just got one of these for my 01 trying to get a easier clutch pull.It has 3 different holes to put the cable end into,I tried all three and it would not pull far enough to keep the bike from creeping forward.I did like the short lever but this do not work on a kx5!!!I spent 40.00 bucks for nothing.I figured I would try to save everybody else the money.I think I will put it on ebay!!!! :cry:

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2003, 06:18:58 PM »
Thanks, I had the same thing happen with an Oneal Easy Clutch. P.O.S.  :(

I was looking to get one of the MSR's so thanks for saving me the money, I guess I'm getting a Magura after all...

Rick

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 05:27:25 AM »
Yup, tried both systems.  The lever with the multiple holes broke first ride on a very small crash in a corner.  The EasyClutch requires the use of a shorter cable to compensate for the space taken up by the EasyClutch.  I used a KX250 cable, as they are shorter.  Still have the entire system in the van as a backup.

However, the best fix I have found (and the one I have used for over a year now) is to use a stock cable and the expensive Fly quick adjust lever.  They use a Honda ratio, which is better than the KX.

Last weekend, we were riding with a group, and one person had a KX250.  I was leaning on his bike during lunch, and playing with his clutch.  Wow, much harder than my 500.  I pointed it out, and no one believed me, so we spent the next 10 minutes with everyone comparing clutch pulls.  EVERYONE agreed that my KX500 was easier.  In fact, except for the 125's, it was the easiest pull in the group.

It seems my Fly lever is better than I thought.  

Rick