Author Topic: You can't ride here  (Read 9579 times)

Offline BDI

You can't ride here
« on: January 09, 2008, 04:08:42 PM »
This is an actual sign I found in the desert. these things are every where, look at the bike and rider.This should give you an idea how out of touch the A-holes are that are doing this.Look at the bike when was the last time you could buy a bike that looked like that? It's things like this that make me want to buy a barrett small .50 and climb to a mountian top and pick off hikers and mountain bikers. Not that I would ever do that I'm just saying.You know it would be one thing if I was trying to ride where people have been hiking and mountian biking for years but it is just the exact opposite.On the news they announced that there were all kinds of naturally accuring trails in the mountains around where I live that are prefect for hiking so they are going to close it to all other use.Yeah Right those are dirt bike trails RRRRRRRRRR....
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 06:05:23 PM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline FuriouSly

• the "Base Camp"
Re: You can't ride hear
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 06:04:45 PM »
That means that you can't ride motorcycles that look like that....  nothing older than about 1980....  very nice of the BLM to make it easy for the faster/modern bikes to tear it up....   :evil:

Sly

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
Re: You can't ride here
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 01:34:54 AM »
Doesn't look like that particular sign is going to bother anyone anymore, unless the trail goes thru the shop...... :evil: :evil: :mrgreen:

Offline bigbellybob

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 03:57:07 AM »
im not going to stop riding because of some stupid signs. riding is what i do in the pursuit of happiness and no one will take that from me. we need to assemble a group of out laws willing to die for the cause and we will all go riding where ever we wont.
IF RIDING IS OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL RIDE

sponsor
http://www.steelmx.com/

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 04:25:30 AM »
here in Wyoming where i live on the east side of the big horn mountain range, it is currently illegal to ride your bike or atv anywhere on the lowlands(prairie) and you can only ride on posted and mapped trails in the mountains if you purchase and display a ORV permit. so when i unload my bike at any area localy i'm breaking the law. not that i want to break the law, i just want to ride with my friends and have fun. we never tear anything up and do our best to respect the land and anyone who may live nearby. on the west side of the mountains there are several thousand acres of legal to ride on open riding area. i think that the exreme environmentalists are succeeding in their quest to eliminate any motorized fun in this country. don't get my wrong, protecting our earth isn't all bad but alot of times they are going after all the wrong people/things. bottom line is i just want to have fun, and that doesn't mean i want to go tear things up. BDI, be careful you don't tear up some of that desert sand, it takes billions of years for that overnight wind to erase your tracks. ya, right!!! :roll: :roll:    MADDOGGY

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 08:06:29 AM »
 Here in Michigan we have the Cycle Conservation Club, it is a group of trailriders that lobby the government to open new trails,maintain old trails and create new trails.
  It is my understanding that Michigan has the most legal miles of mapped trail routes in the USA. I'm not usually one for this type of organization, being a rebel type and all, but these guys are doing a most noble deed. Perhaps they are on a mission from God divinely inspired by the Blues Brothers.
  I hope all states can get organized to keep the treehuggers from shutting down all riding areas.
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline serafin

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 07:35:34 AM »
That sign should be a picture of a 4 wheeler instead of a motorcycle!  What were once single track trails are now washed out roads due to the 4 wheeler crowd.  Where I grew up in Colorado we had some great single track trails in the mountains but every year during hunting season the mountains became a mess with the 4 wheelers now being used by the hunting crowd going cross country.  Now add in the new utility vehicle craze Rangers, Rhinos, Gators ect...these things are the size of a small car.  Things are only going to get worse.  Irresponsible riding by all groups is to blame.

Serafin

Offline k5abuser

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 03:05:57 PM »
be careful of putting down others in our sport . i ride 2 and four wheels . you never know who is reading this and could use it against our sport . they get rid of one motor veh. and yours just might be next . then all we have is bench racing . not that i don't like bench racing i am just not ready to have been that fast .
race gas is fast but Q16 hauls azz.i still ride because i am not ready to have been that fast. i ride a kx500 because they don't make a kx600!ck k5abuser on youtube

Offline BDI

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 03:10:39 PM »
They have those signes with four wheelers on them too I just have not found one laying around.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 04:00:39 PM by BDI »

Plowboy

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 10:07:06 AM »
They have those signes with four wheelers on them too I just have not found one laying around.

We have similar signs around here that TVA puts up. Of course when the opportunity presents itself, it seems like all of them end up "laying" around.

I guess what irritates me about TVA's attitude is that they are a tax-payer funded outfit that came through the region decades ago and pretty much stole alot of the land they now control, shut people out of it, but sell tracts of it to commercial and industrial interests for a profit. :x

Offline BDI

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 11:01:15 AM »
Same thing with the blm here you cant ride there because you will stir up dust and give the turtles emphysema but if you have enough money you can grade off acres of land and kill every bush,lizard,squirl and turn the turtles under. I think It's just a don't have fun law drumed up by people that don't understand what we do or why.

Offline CR480R

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 02:30:21 PM »
You should have some "No Hiking" signs made to replace them with... Thats probably what I would do if I didnt remove the sign post completely...

Plowboy

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 01:16:52 AM »
 (from one 3WW member to another)
 Hey CR480R,

Would you believe that there are still two "no riding" signs in my hometown area that still specifically refer to "3-wheelers"......I guess I've been the only person in the last 10-15 years excluded from riding there...LOL

Offline alan

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 02:35:34 AM »
The only signs like that one around hear have so many bullet holes in them, that you no longer see what they said! d**n Texans, You know how they are! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sand - Dirt - Dunes = Fun
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

Offline TheGDog

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 09:02:17 PM »
That sign should be a picture of a 4 wheeler instead of a motorcycle!  What were once single track trails are now washed out roads due to the 4 wheeler crowd.  Where I grew up in Colorado we had some great single track trails in the mountains but every year during hunting season the mountains became a mess with the 4 wheelers now being used by the hunting crowd going cross country.  Now add in the new utility vehicle craze Rangers, Rhinos, Gators ect...these things are the size of a small car.  Things are only going to get worse.  Irresponsible riding by all groups is to blame.

Serafin

Preach On Brother.... ATV's are seriously injuring OUR reputations and the environment.  They ruin what were once neat.. fun trails.

And if I ruffle the feathers of some of these panzies that just don't have the strength or skill to ride a 2-wheeler anymore, or are too scared to learn... tough.    The ATV's have their own special place in the world... it's called the SAND DUNES.

I plan on eventually getting the wifey into the sport... and after deliberation... I've concluded that I will not "start her out" on a 4-wheeler for fear of her never desiring to "graduate" and mature to riding a two-wheeler.  Keyword here... mature.

Don't get me wrong... I know there are idiots all around in both camps.... the ones that don't respect when trails are closed off for awhile to let the vegetation strengthen back up to prevent erosion.  But for the most part this seems to most normally be an issue with hillclimbs... and any areas that the ATV's can readily get too.

Please note these are my own personal observations and are mostly based on what I've seen in Hungry Valley SVRA, and out in Stoddard Valley in Victorville over the past like 18 years.

P.S. - I've often thought that if I were to hit the Mega-whatever Lotto Jackpot someday... I'd buy a huge lot somewhere between LA and Orange County... post up a huge Waiver/Disclaimer that basically states Enter at Own Risk and maybe even setup a Trust Fund & Donations fund to help with keeping it running.

Can you imagine how much harder kids would be working at their school-work and after school jobs so their parents would let them buy a dirt bike and go riding! And to continue to go riding takes keepin' pops happy with school-work so he'd reward his kid with drivin' him out to the place.  Sure beats loitering and trying to act like a wannabe thug.

Those of you fortunate enough to live outside of my Gestapo-like state of California... be warned... as human beings continue to NOT keep their numbers in check... eventually... I gaurantee you... you will see the same problems start to crop up in your neck of the woods.  So take steps now by paying attention to whom you elect for various positions.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 09:26:26 PM by TheGDog »
'97 PC800 + '96 KX 500 + '90 KDX 200 + 2000 XR50R (for the lil guy!)