Author Topic: What's a cheap fix for slippery seat?  (Read 2960 times)

Offline TheGDog

What's a cheap fix for slippery seat?
« on: February 27, 2008, 11:06:50 PM »
I plan on ordering a gripper seat cover... but until I get one... does anyone have any Ghetto quick-fix they use to help make their stock seat cover more grippy?

I've heard of people pooring Cola over the seat and letting it dry to help provide some stickyness.

I was curious if there were better alternative than that?

---

P.S. - Please also recommend to me the best way or Internet site from which to order the proper model of gripper seat cover I will need for my '96 KX500.
'97 PC800 + '96 KX 500 + '90 KDX 200 + 2000 XR50R (for the lil guy!)

Offline Kawasakinut

• s#@t plus two equals eight
Re: What's a cheap fix for slippery seat?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 01:39:47 AM »
gdog you could try nstyle.com i have one on my 250 and its sweet. i'm not sure if they make one for the 500 but if they do i'm sure you would like.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 01:46:02 AM by jimvpa »
htpp://www.youtube.com/jimvpa

Offline don46

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 11:34:15 AM »
What's a cheap fix for slippery seat?

Thats funny, Cheap and motorcyle do not belong in same sentence
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline BDI

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 02:44:04 PM »
Stick a maxi pad on it,not only does the adhesive strip provide traction but the pad helps to soak up ass sweat.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 04:22:30 PM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

crusty

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 05:32:43 PM »
gripper pants! any ways this topic reminds me of a funny story. A buddy of mine races a turboed kz1000 drag bike he got his old lady to help shine the bike up before bike week at the drags...............she ARMOUR ALLED the F'n seat can you say hershey squirts in your leathers? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline The Flyin Hawaiian

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 05:44:32 PM »
Try GUTS Racing. They will make the cover in just about any color/gripper combo you want. I use them on all my bikes.
A couple of 03 and 04 KXs, a few YZs, 3 PE 400s, a DR and a TS.

Offline TheGDog

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 07:47:53 PM »
I thank you guys for the tips on which companies products to check out.  Hopefully... after I get finished with the Magic Man that does my taxes... and set aside the refund amount I need for next years property taxes... if there's enough leftover... hopefully I can pick-up a few items for the bike I need.

But on a serious note.... in the meantime... does anybody know of any quick fix?  How about a little Spray-On adhesive applied to the seat and let to dry?

---

I cleaned it recently with Protect-All.  I knew it would make it slippery-er... but it's got a small tear at the rear of it and I didn't want the material to prematurely dry-out and start cracking/tearing more until I could pickup a gripper cover, so I bit-the-bullet and went ahead anyway.

---

P.S. that GUTS racing sounds like the ticket then... I'd really like to keep the seat the cool green that it already is.  Black seats heat-up quick out in the desert.
'97 PC800 + '96 KX 500 + '90 KDX 200 + 2000 XR50R (for the lil guy!)