Author Topic: kX 500 rebuild from racer to road  (Read 2930 times)

porky

kX 500 rebuild from racer to road
« on: September 17, 2003, 05:17:05 AM »
Just uploaded a few photos of my KX500 rebuild,from a supermoto racer to road bike (of cause ill only use it in the daytime oficer),will post a lot more as the bike takes shape,i should be geting the frame and wheels back from the powder coater this weekend,then the build should realy pick up speed after that. Spec so far include Boysen dual stage reeds,FMF Gnarly pipe,all new plastics and some of the softest stickyest tyres i could get my hands on.Should be good far a laugh on UK winter roads.
Thanks for all the advice ive picked up on here over the last month or so and any more coments are more than welcome.

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 07:28:08 AM »
You can also post those pics directly in the post. Just click the attachment button at the bottom before you submit.

For example:

Offline demographic

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2003, 07:58:40 AM »
You lot do realise that this is gonna turn into a KX Supermoto forum don't you :lol:

I have just bought a Digital camera last weekend so will be posting pics of mine when I work out how to put them on the internerd :?

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2003, 08:18:38 AM »
If there's enough interest I'll create a Supermotard forum :mrgreen:

Offline John

• http://www.hallbergs.net
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2003, 09:48:34 AM »
Could you please?

Offline demographic

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2003, 08:32:16 PM »
Quote from: Paul
If there's enough interest I'll create a Supermotard forum :mrgreen:

Although I appreciate your offer I personally like the fact that I learn about Desert riding/motocross and Supermoto on one forum that has some degree of movement on the page.

I am using Dirtridernet much less nowadays because it has to many forums to follow.

As this is a KX site I  think that it has a narrow enough base without making the forums even more specific.

That's me saying that I really like this site tha way it is basically :D